New TV Show with Tim Allen and Richard Karn and

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: New TV Show with Tim Allen and Richard Karn and

Post by RFGuy »

Yeah, I just finished watching the 1st episode. It was underwhelming and I am a fan of both Tim and April.
:(
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

wa2crk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 am Watched it last night, well at least the first half. The format reminded me of Forged in Fire. The name "Assembly Required" should have been "Lunacy Required". This was probably one of the worst installments of a TV show that I have ever seen. Tim Allen should be ashamed that he ever participated in this kind of a farce. The best scenes of the show was when the camera caught some of Tim's collection of classic hot rods in the background. :( :eek:
Bill V
I saw it too and I tend to agree. The show was flat! The contestants were really bad picks. And resident “expert” April Wilkerson is a YouTube maker who is talented but no expert, added nothing to the show. I doubt I will bother to tune in next week we will see.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Ed in Tampa wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:01 am I saw it too and I tend to agree. The show was flat! The contestants were really bad picks. And resident “expert” April Wilkerson is a YouTube maker who is talented but no expert, added nothing to the show. I doubt I will bother to tune in next week we will see.
Yeah, it seems like the intent was to reboot Home Improvement but without all the family drama. So this show seemed more like a twist on a reboot of the Tool Time portion of that show. So, April is just a replacement for Heidi - the girl that would bring out the new tool and banter with Tim & Richard on the fake tool show inside of Home Improvement. Unfortunately Hollywood tends to run on these kinds of show formulas so there is very little new and original content produced...very predictable.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tim ... 31388.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tim-allen-ri ... 05959.html
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Pretty boring. Not the right vehicle for those guys.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Well, I stuck it out to watch episode 2 and it does get better. For me episode 1 was flat, but in episode 2 at least half the jokes land so it was slightly more entertaining. They built a portable BBQ so maybe that is why I found it more interesting.
📶RF Guy

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

So, I haven't watched this show in weeks, but just watched episode 7. I was surprised to see a Mark V and several Shopsmith accessories in the one shop that was featured in the competition. Unfortunately, none of the Shopsmith equipment was shown on air being used for the build, but still it was good to see Shopsmith equipment in a tv show for once...
📶RF Guy