New TV Show with Tim Allen and Richard Karn and

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

New TV Show with Tim Allen and Richard Karn and

Post by reible »

April Wilkerson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2yrdwE ... lWilkerson

Assembly Required will air Feb 23rd on the History channel at 9pm central time! This is a behind the scenes look at the Hollywood production of History Channel's Assembly Required via the experience of April Wilkerson, the show's resident expert!

We don't have cable or where ever the History Channel is aired.......... Wish I could check it out.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
garys
Platinum Member

Re: New TV Show with Tim Allen and Richard Karn and

Post by garys »

I don't have the History Channel available to me right now so I won't be seeing it. However, it appears to be more of a game show rather than a comedy like Tim Allen's other shows.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Not so much game show as a competition/elimination show to pit DIY/maker types against each other. The interesting aspect of the show, in my mind, is they intend to showcase tools/devices on each episode and go into the history behind the tool which I find interesting. Makes sense the show is on the History channel. There had been rumors online about the Home Improvement show being rebooted, but I don't think that is going to happen. Instead, Tim Allen did a cameo of his Home Improvement character on a Last Man Standing episode recently. Speculation was this cameo was just a tease to get viewers interested in this new Assembly Required tv show...essentially it is a reboot and a twist on the Tool Time skit previously featured in Home Improvement.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/ ... thing-ever

Excerpt from article linked above:
"Not only will Tim Allen and Richard Karn host Assembly Required, but they’re also executive producing. In addition to being a competition show, the series is set to explore the history of the items being worked on by the builders, which makes sense considering that it’s going to air on the History Channel. I’m curious to see how the show turns out, but it sounds like a pretty interesting concept."
Last edited by RFGuy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

It looks like my firestick can get the app and be able to watch the channel but for about $5 a month. I don't see that happening. Not a bad price but there are so many many things trying to get your money that you have to be wise with your decisions. If it shows up for free I'd like to see it but that seems unlikely.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

reible wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:39 pm It looks like my firestick can get the app and be able to watch the channel but for about $5 a month. I don't see that happening. Not a bad price but there are so many many things trying to get your money that you have to be wise with your decisions. If it shows up for free I'd like to see it but that seems unlikely.

Ed
History Channel is also available on Roku.

I might wait until the 10 episodes have aired and then sign up for a free period (if one exists) or a month to binge through them.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Watching the video clip below for this show, it kind of reminded me of Junkyard Wars if anyone remembers that tv show.

📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

According to my TV, on tonight's episode "Tim Allen and Richard Karn put the maker's skills to the test when they have to create an all-season leaf blower that can also melt ice and snow."
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

I remember Junkyard wars, I think I liked the early British ones with simpler challenges the best.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

For anyone that wants to watch this show it looks like it is available for free from what I can tell. I have the History channel app installed on my Apple TV and I don't have a cable tv subscription yet this new show had the first episode available to watch on it this morning. I am sure you can probably get the History channel app installed on Roku or any Android based OS smart TV. Worth a look for anyone interested in it.
📶RF Guy

wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Watched it last night, well at least the first half. The format reminded me of Forged in Fire. The name "Assembly Required" should have been "Lunacy Required". This was probably one of the worst installments of a TV show that I have ever seen. Tim Allen should be ashamed that he ever participated in this kind of a farce. The best scenes of the show was when the camera caught some of Tim's collection of classic hot rods in the background. :( :eek:
Bill V