Scroll saw accessories

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

StevenAyres
Gold Member

Scroll saw accessories

Post by StevenAyres »

I've just acquired a grey 20" scroll saw, and I have a few questions.

It came with no mounting posts. I'm thinking I need the 6.5" eccentric posts, is that right?

My table has pairs of holes along the back edge that look like they could receive an accessory. I'm wondering what those are for.
Scroll saw table.jpg
Scroll saw table.jpg (25.19 KiB) Viewed 770 times
The upper guard is broken off, is this part available for replacement?
Scroll saw head guard stump.jpg
Scroll saw head guard stump.jpg (25.83 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Thanks
SkullsquadronX
Gold Member

Re: Scroll saw accessories

Post by SkullsquadronX »

I don’t know about the two holes.

I can tell that if you go to Shopsmith.com and under the link product catalog, fine the scroll saw, under that you will see link ( scroll saw maintenance). You can see two more links one is for a diagram of parts and the other a list of the parts order number. So I say yes
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

I picked up one of these recently too, here is a link to the thread and pdf of the older manual: viewtopic.php?p=276256#p276256 I'm guessing that if you order the current guard (aka hood, Item 2) you'll get a teal one, but I would think it would fit. You'll also need the bracket, Item 3, that is the part that is broken in your pic. And two screws to hold the hood to the bracket, Item 4 (IIWM I'd buy those aftermarket.) IIRC there was a recent thread on some difficulties removing the hinge pin for that bracket.

- David
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

The eccentric Mounting Posts are 6-1/2" long like the Bandsaw and Belt Sander. The online service parts shows the posts as ref. # 114 but are not listed on the parts list itself for some unknown reason. They are P/N 5137779 (originally P/N 513777) and are $18.59 new from SS.

The two holes in the edge of the table are the Blade Mounting Fixture for aligning/mounting the blades. In the Owners Manual David linked above to Ron's post and follow the directions on page 8 even though that manual has a different Blade Mounting Fixture not part of the table.

As for the missing cover it is plastic and should be a direct replacement for the original. See picture below. As I said in the other linked thread I upgraded mine which at the time included the cover.

_
scroll_saw_intricate_fretwork2.jpg
scroll_saw_intricate_fretwork2.jpg (19.25 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.