COVID-19 - Vaccine

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: COVID-19 - Vaccine

Post by dusty »

sehast wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:57 pm I wonder what happen to those air guns. Seemed to be an efficient and quick way to get shots out to folks.
May they never return. Yes they were quick and if not used right - could cut you open.

Yes, John I do remember not one but two or three times with that gun.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Yes the good old days of hurry up and wait. Huge amount of troops all arriving at the same time and getting in line. Step up bang one arm, another couple of steps and bang the other arm. Then wait for everyone to get theirs and marching back. It was actually pretty fast for the shots, just boring before and after.

Yes Dusty a guy just ahead of me jerked back and got a nice one. After they patch him up he had to get in line again and retake the shot. Wasn't uncommon to see some blood running down arms even without any misadventure.

Didn't know they did away with them, of course we are talking 50 years ago for me. Well 50 years in Aug.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

reible wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:01 am Yes the good old days of hurry up and wait. Huge amount of troops all arriving at the same time and getting in line. Step up bang one arm, another couple of steps and bang the other arm. Then wait for everyone to get theirs and marching back. It was actually pretty fast for the shots, just boring before and after.

Yes Dusty a guy just ahead of me jerked back and got a nice one. After they patch him up he had to get in line again and retake the shot. Wasn't uncommon to see some blood running down arms even without any misadventure.

Didn't know they did away with them, of course we are talking 50 years ago for me. Well 50 years in Aug.

Ed
I prefer "5" decades ago. It doesn't seem so big a number. :rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

For me, it's six decades and a piece. 62 years in June of 2021.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Gene Howe wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:16 am For me, it's six decades and a piece. 62 years in June of 2021.
If we are talking about time passed since enlistment (May 1959), I have logged 6 decades as well.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
RonKlein
Gold Member

Post by RonKlein »

And for me, it will be seven decades in August.
Ron--K6VPV
510, upgraded to 520, now PowerPro, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, jointmatic, scroll saw, strip sander, pro planer, OPR, DC3300, and more.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I don't often get to say this anymore but it looks like I am the youngster here. :D
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

chapmanruss wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:07 pm I don't often get to say this anymore but it looks like I am the youngster here. :D
Just make the best of it.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

chapmanruss wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:07 pm I don't often get to say this anymore but it looks like I am the youngster here. :D
Not even close to the youngest. My husband and I have to wait for our shots but both my son (active duty) and my younger brother (school teacher) both got theirs. Daughter said she does not want to get one as she can not get time off if she gets sick. I figure that my husband will be eligible earlier than I am as his work is Tier 1C, I believe.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

One down and one to go. For me I got there early because it was at a place I had never been so after getting there and calling in to let them know I was in the parking lot they had some questions which I had already answered online but we had to do it again, no big deal.

Then when it got closer to my time I was able to go inside the building and get in line. First stop was inside check-in. All my stuff was done so into the next line. Sort of odd that they wanted the 6' in the line but the line was a serpentine so the side to side wasn't 6'???

They had maybe a dozen active stations so once you got to the head of the line you wait for one station to wave the green flag. They cleaned the chairs and tables between each dose. They again verified who you were, gave you some paper work and your shot card and of course the shot. With the band-aide in place you headed to a waiting area where you were to sit for 15 minutes. Not everyone did that.....

During the wait time you could book your follow up shot online. So I got back March 31.

They said that you should expect it to take 30 minutes but that is without the wait time. For me it was an actual 44 minutes from in to out.

From there I went to a park for a walk, got my 10K steps and then went to the rockler and gave them $56.04 for a couple of items. They now have Festool and Shaper in the store. No real stock on the Festool but they did a have a couple shapers sitting there. No workstations.....

So now I'm back home and feeling fine.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]