COVID-19 - Vaccine

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

garys
Platinum Member

Re: COVID-19 - Vaccine

Post by garys »

Here we are doing drive-in COVID shots. I drive to the Community Center about 2 miles from my house. They open the garage doors and run in about 40 cars at a time into numerous lines inside the exhibit hall. There, they check you in, while you sit in your vehicle and administer the shot right through your window. After 15 minutes, they open a door on the other side of the building and the 40 or so cars drive out while another 40 drive in the opposite end of the building. Nobody leaves their vehicles or has any contact other than the person administering the shot for a few seconds.
Then, it is another 2 mile drive home.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:07 pm One down and one to go. For me I got there early because it was at a place I had never been so after getting there and calling in to let them know I was in the parking lot they had some questions which I had already answered online but we had to do it again, no big deal.

Then when it got closer to my time I was able to go inside the building and get in line. First stop was inside check-in. All my stuff was done so into the next line. Sort of odd that they wanted the 6' in the line but the line was a serpentine so the side to side wasn't 6'???

They had maybe a dozen active stations so once you got to the head of the line you wait for one station to wave the green flag. They cleaned the chairs and tables between each dose. They again verified who you were, gave you some paper work and your shot card and of course the shot. With the band-aide in place you headed to a waiting area where you were to sit for 15 minutes. Not everyone did that.....

During the wait time you could book your follow up shot online. So I got back March 31.

They said that you should expect it to take 30 minutes but that is without the wait time. For me it was an actual 44 minutes from in to out.

From there I went to a park for a walk, got my 10K steps and then went to the rockler and gave them $56.04 for a couple of items. They now have Festool and Shaper in the store. No real stock on the Festool but they did a have a couple shapers sitting there. No workstations.....

So now I'm back home and feeling fine.

Ed
Typical case of the organizers not thinking the whole scenario through and then after seeing it in action not correcting the error.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I got my Pfizer this afternoon. Pfortunately, I still Pfeel Pfabulous. :)
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I just returned from getting my second shot. We went to the local COVID Drive-in. They were so well organized today that they were able to pull in around 75 vehicles at a time into the exhibition hall and vaccinate everybody in 5-10 minutes. Then after a 15 minute wait, they opened the door so we all could drive out and they let in another 75 vehicles behind us. We never had to leave the car.
Now, hopefully I feel good the rest of the week.
My Wife has had her first shot and is scheduled for #2 in about two weeks. We get to go to the drive-in again.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I read online last week they now have a pill to fight the symptoms because the shots wear off , I believe it is from TAMAFLUE .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Myself, wife, and several senior(80+) friends have all had the second Moderna shot. First one for me seemed to hit a nerve so sore arm for a few days. Second felt nothing, but day after fever 'symptoms' with no fever. All temporary events that are worth the positive outcome. One fellow ex jarhead had more serious reaction. I teased him about being vulnerable.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Went for shot number two today. Much better then last time, time wise. My appointment was for 10:10 and I was out the door at 10:30 which included the 15 minute wait period. This is more what I had expected, so I'm happy to report the improvement. Now another 2 weeks and it will be as good as it gets.

And I was able to stop at the Rockler store and get a walk in. So all is right with the world for now.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
john_001
Gold Member

Post by john_001 »

One down, second to go next week (Pfizer). Pretty simple. They pre-booked appointments 10 minutes apart. I showed up at my time; there were only two ahead of me. Verified my paperwork, waited about 10 minutes in line and done. Another 15 minutes to make sure there was no allergic reaction, then left.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I just had shot #2 about 45 seconds ago.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

I got my second shot 10 days ago at the VA. My wife got her second today via the Morgan-Weber Health Dept.. Both Moderna. Neither of us had a reaction to the first shot and so far I have not had a reaction to the second. Neither of us had a long wait time for either shot. About 25 minutes including the 15 minute wait after the shot.

The VA here in Salt Lake has opened up shots for walk ins and veteran spouses. No appointment necessary.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT