Gold Member

Re: COVID-19 - Vaccine

Post by SkullsquadronX »

I have not
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

I'm on a list to get it in mid-April but if they can increase the vaccine availability it may be sooner. They had extra doses to use up after thawing at my son's workplace but we found out too late to get down there. I hope I can get the one shot version and get it over with quickly but I'll go with whatever is available.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
twistsol
Gold Member

Post by twistsol »

I'm in the next group sometime in April. Wife is a nurse had hers in January. Son in law is firefighter/EMT in Sioux Falls and he had his in December January. One daughter pregnant and another is a school psychologist so they both had theirs in February as well as my 97 year old dad. The rest of the family is waiting our turn. I did get an email from work yesterday that they plan to have everyone work remotely until September, so I still don't go anywhere anyway. I'll just keep working on the new shop.
Thanks much,

Chris Phelps
Cheap tools are too expensive
2x Mark 5 520 and a 10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I'm still waiting. Oregon is still in Phase 1 getting 65 and older plus priorities. I'll be 64 next week so I have to wait for sometime in Phase 2. I should be able to get mine by May.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

I get my second Pfizer shot this coming Friday.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

chapmanruss wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:37 pm I'm still waiting. Oregon is still in Phase 1 getting 65 and older plus priorities. I'll be 64 next week so I have to wait for sometime in Phase 2. I should be able to get mine by May.
If I was 65 I might have got one by now. But I won't be there for another couple of months. The good side of this is that my wife just turned 65 so for those two months I get to tease her mercilessly about being a year older than me.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I wish that I had had to wait til I was 65.

At any rate, I joined the Moderna Club at 11:00am this morning. I was thoroughly impressed by the 355th Med Group that managed this operation here. A real group of caring professionals. This was not typical of the Saturday morning military formation vaccination lines that I stood in so many times in the past. We get our second shots on my birthday.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:09 pm I wish that I had had to wait til I was 65.

At any rate, I joined the Moderna Club at 11:00am this morning. I was thoroughly impressed by the 355th Med Group that managed this operation here. A real group of caring professionals. This was not typical of the Saturday morning military formation vaccination lines that I stood in so many times in the past. We get our second shots on my birthday.
Do you remember getting shot with an air gun? Had that happen in the base theater here on Hill AFB for some deployment ( I don't remember which one, maybe Oman ). You and I have had vaccinations for things that many people have not heard of and we have survived.

I got my first Covid-19 shot at the Salt Lake VA. You had to have an appointment, no walk ins. They called me to schedule the appointment. It was a totally professional experience. They had about 10 or 12 chairs totally separated by plexiglass. They had a timer on each station that they set for 15 minutes. You had to wait that long before you could leave to be sure you didn't have an immediate reaction.. As soon as someone vacated a station an intern came and wiped down the chair to disinfect it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

I wonder what happen to those air guns. Seemed to be an efficient and quick way to get shots out to folks.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

The air guns were banned after a few years when they found them to be contaminated after a few shots to different people. They turned out to be infecting people with hepatitis if anyone in the line had it and it was used again after that.