New Forum Members

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

EastWoodTurner
Silver Member

Re: New Forum Members

Post by EastWoodTurner »

I believe, as I am now the newest member, that there is/was an issue with registering. I had been trying for the last three days to get signed up but kept getting a "gateway timed out" response when submitting the registration... never got a confirmation email for any of those submissions. I tried again today, with the exact same info, and got a confirmation email within 15 minutes... the only difference I noticed today is that I had to fill in a "captcha" before submitting which wasn't there (or I didn't see) the other times I tried.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

There WAS a software problem that the Admin was just notified about and fixed.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

Hi- This should be fixed (a few weeks ago)
I changed to a different captcha. Let me know if it's still happening. Thanks
Shopsmith I.T.
Gold Member

Post by MODERATOR »

The spammers have now been successful getting in. Was nice when they were not.

However we were missing legitimate new members.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

MODERATOR wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:03 pm The spammers have now been successful getting in. Was nice when they were not.

However we were missing legitimate new members.

But the spammers don't last long and most people don't see them.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I just finished get rid of 20 spammer, well maybe only alex(???) but still had to deal with it 20 times so it clear that new members are getting in and perhaps most of them never show up for most people because they are spam. It was nice when things were broke.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Jdwags1
Silver Member

New Forum Member

Post by Jdwags1 »

Hello everyone,

I just purchased my first Shopsmith after watching them for years. My grandfather probably had one, Im sure. Well i Found a MarkV B, not sure what year it is yet, and finding an on line manual. I want to lube it up, and find out what to look for as i check the callibration of it.

I grabbed a deal here in Western Washington, The Mark V B, everything but the scroll saw, strip sander, dust collection and manual. A one owner machine, thats been pretty well cared for by a retired Firefighter. I'm about to retire myself, and both myself and my wife like woodworking, but our 1 1/2 car garage is pretty full with a craftsman table saw, and seperate jointers,band,drill press and scroll, ect. ..

Any idea on how to place the date of this machine?, i am looking to buy the upgrades as i go.

Jeff
Bothell, Wa
Jeff Wagener
Jdwags
Rathdrum, Idaho
Mark VII 2021 with Band Saw
Mark V 1986
Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: New Forum Member

Post by rpd »

Jdwags1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 am Hello everyone,

I just purchased my first Shopsmith after watching them for years. My grandfather probably had one, Im sure. Well i Found a MarkV B, not sure what year it is yet, and finding an on line manual. I want to lube it up, and find out what to look for as i check the callibration of it.

I grabbed a deal here in Western Washington, The Mark V B, everything but the scroll saw, strip sander, dust collection and manual. A one owner machine, thats been pretty well cared for by a retired Firefighter. I'm about to retire myself, and both myself and my wife like woodworking, but our 1 1/2 car garage is pretty full with a craftsman table saw, and seperate jointers,band,drill press and scroll, ect. ..

Any idea on how to place the date of this machine?, i am looking to buy the upgrades as i go.

Jeff
Bothell, Wa
Greetings.
If it was made before 1988 there will be a serial number stamped on the vent plate that surrounds the lower spindle on the left side.
The chart for serial numbers and dates is at this link. https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/serialnumber.htm

in 1988 Shopsmith changed to date codes that are printed on a sticker.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
Jdwags1
Silver Member

Post by Jdwags1 »

Thank you, i guess that puts me in at 1985 then, gives me a starting point. Now to figure out what lubing points and such, as he said it hasnt been used in about 4 years.
Jeff Wagener
Jdwags
Rathdrum, Idaho
Mark VII 2021 with Band Saw
Mark V 1986
Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

Welcome to the Forum. There are some sticky posts at the top of the "Maintenance and Repair" section that should help.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router