Picture Posting the video

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Picture Posting the video

Post by reible »

I have some new software that I'm trying out. It does screen captures and yes it is very much PC windows 10 concentric. So this was my first attempt at this and there is no audio. It shows the drag and drop way of posting pictures.

I have a directory where I put my images for posting so this may be quite different then what you do but so long as you have a place where you can find them it will work. I like thumbnails but again that is just how I like it, you?

I'm not to sure how useful this is but you can tell me that.

https://youtu.be/nq-EY5l7nx0

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Picture Posting the video

Post by reible »

Take 2 with me attempting to add audio to the capture. Sorry I'm not very good at this yet but this is what you get for single take videos from an old guy just playing around.

https://youtu.be/DO2oIXomPSo

Ed
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:30 pm Take 2 with me attempting to add audio to the capture. Sorry I'm not very good at this yet but this is what you get for single take videos from an old guy just playing around.

https://youtu.be/DO2oIXomPSo

Ed
Old guy did good !
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Ed,

Great tutorial. I assume you intend to post it as an aid for new members who complain about not knowing how to post pictures on this forum? We may also need a video tutorial on how to do it from their phones as well. I think a lot of people online these days only use a phone or tablet for everything online. I prefer a desktop and keyboard myself, but I am old school in that way. Often it is easy to recognize those who use their phones to post online because of the numerous typos and broken English... ;)
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

My budget for this was $0, the software was free so I wanted to try it out and this seemed like a reasonable subject given that there always seems to be issues with users posting pictures. As I mentioned in the first post this is a PC/Windows 10 only view on the subject.

In the past the drag and drop wasn't something we could do or at least the system I was using didn't support it. It wasn't until someone mentioned the fact that you could do that I started to take advantage of the simple drag and drop. Other forums I use have had this for years so I pretty much new how it would work. I would guess that it was not only new users who could take advantage of this video since there is a great variance in expertise here.

I do read the forum from my phone and more so from my tablet but it rare that I ever post from them. I'm not aware of the software that might work on the various android and ios platforms that allow video screen captures. So sorry, no way I'm going to address those videos but perhaps we might have some users who live more in that world who could make such a video. If you are someone who could do this but don't have a place to host the video I do have a youtube channel and wouldn't mind posting it there. Let me know.

Ed
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Ed,

Sorry, I wasn't really suggesting that you had to make another video, but more pointing out that often the excuse from new members is they can't figure it out on their phone. I didn't intend it as a complaint. Honestly, I think some new forum members are simply too lazy to figure out how to post pictures even though it would greatly help their posts to be understood. Kind of a moot point since new forum members seem to be rare now...

I think you did a great job with the video and it could be very helpful for some new forum members.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Yes I understood that.

What I was hoping is that someone with the knowledge and tools could possibly do such a video to help those users out. It is just not something I have the tools or information on how to do. That sort of video would be a real help here, if I did have a way I would be more then willing to do so.

Of course before yesterday I had no idea how to do it on my system. The quality wasn't great but that could be due to the large screen size I use 3840 x 2160 or maybe a setting that can be tweaked on the software side. Don't know if I will ever make another one of these so I may never know what other things I could improve with more time playing.

Ed