If you are interested in what looks like a good deal

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: If you are interested in what looks like a good deal

Post by RFGuy »

reible wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:40 pm Not at all sure the amazon adapter will work, it has threads that might work with other hoses but festool???
I don't think you are seeing "threads" per se in the picture but those are the hose corrugations in the middle there. The foreground end of the adapter is what attaches to the DeWalt sander and the other end isn't shown but I am sure it is smooth pipe inside. Remember the adapter is stated for connecting to 1-1/4" hose which is one of the standard size vacuum hoses. The Festool hose end is kind of wonky because it has the turn to lock feature, but I think the OD of a 27mm hose end from Festool should snug up inside of a 1-1/4" hose fitting. Haven't tried it though, so I can't say for sure it would work.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

If you watch some of the videos you see the hose screwing in so I have to think that is what you see inside. Again lack of details only leads to speculations, and that is not a good way to do business.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

One of my Rockler vacuum ends does fit the sander. It then gives me at least a way of connecting to it and my shop vac. The Rockler hose end fits the shop vac but not the dust deputy set up on the festool. So I'll now start looking up how to do that connection????? I would prefer to use the Festool dust collector since it has bluetooth on the hose end and lets me switch it on and off from there or plug into the CT26 and use the outlet on there which also turns it on and off with the tool.
hosetosander.jpg
hosetosander.jpg (148.14 KiB) Viewed 889 times
If I can find the adapter I need it will open up more dust collection options and worth the extra effort.

Got a message that my printed part shipped today, so depending on the mail service I might just have it in a couple of days.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

What ever backlog Dewalt had it seems to be flowing, at least for the things I have wanted.

I went a head and got the 1/4 sheet sander (DCW200B), not that bad a deal at $95 and it arrived on Sunday. Had to try the paper punch but not done any actual sanding yet but I think today's weather will change that.

I had also wanted the oscillation multi-tool(DCS354) and it had been out of stock. Got a notice that it was back in stock so it is arriving this week. It was one of the deals with the free battery. I have two corded versions but sometimes having cordless is a major advantage. My last project was up on a ladder and the cord was always getting in the way. Still have a bit of that to finish this spring so why not do it the easier way?

The the 611 router which has been out of stock at Lowes is now in stock to order so I did that this morning. Might see that this week as well??

The shipping ticket on the hose adapter says it will arrived tomorrow, have to see if that really happens.

Looks like this is going to be Dewalt week at my house.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I had a pretty small project for the 1/4 sheet sander and it may not be fair as it was so small a piece but then that is one reason I wanted one.

I had just the bag on so no vacuum system. The sander did manage to pick up some of the sawdust but did not do well when the sander was over the edge of the work piece. Didn't really expect it would but hey you can always hope. It does do a lot better then the other sander which has no dust collection at all, no surprise there. I wouldn't want to use it indoors like this but outside in the wind it would be OK. When the vacuum attachment comes I will see how that does.

Vibration wise it is a lot nicer then my old sander. For one thing it has variable speed so as expected turning that down removes even more vibration but I have to say even on high it wasn't bad, in fact better then I expected. With the battery on it does start picking up some weight but then you need to let the sander do its thing and the added weight might be a good thing.

So for now I'm happy enough with the purchase.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

The printed coupler arrived today and we have progress! I can now connect either of my Dewalt sanders to the Festool hose(27mm). My intent is to start using the Festool CT26 mostly for attachments to tools and then just use the other shop vacs for cleanup and only occasionally connect to other tools that I don't have adapters for the Festool hose.

I sure wish it were easier to get these vacuum parts to work together. I have a lot but still find things that don't play well together.

If anyone is interested I can look up the ordering information for the Dewalt to Festool 27mm hose adapter.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

The router that was due in yesterday is now due in tomorrow.

The oscillating multi-tool arrived today. Had to go out and try it, works as expected but the high speed buzz means hearing protection is required, at least for me.

The bare tool doesn't come with the depth guide which I really wanted so had to order that separately. Adds about another $25 to the cost and you have to order the 3 parts separately........ Two parts are due here on Friday and one on Saturday.

Since I didn't get to see one in the store I was pleasantly surprised just how compact tool is. The LED is also a nice addition that my other tools don't have.

Think this ends my Dewalt buying spree. Now I have to wait for Festool to start shipping over here again to spend the rest of my tool budget.

Ed
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

reible wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:22 pm Now I have to wait for Festool to start shipping over here again to spend the rest of my tool budget.

Ed
Ed,

I assume you have seen Festool updates like this below? They list an ETA for when certain tools might be available again:

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-stock-issues
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I had not seen the updated listing. It doesn't look good for a couple of things I had hoped to get this year. Nothing shows up my list until June and the something else is November and no way to know if those dates are even close.

May have to restructure my shopping list. Life continues to be interesting.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

The router arrived today, actually just as we were about to head off so the timing was perfect and the bright yellow Dewalt box didn't have to set on display for hours while we were gone. Don't want to spit into the wind or pull on superman's cape or leave tools unattended by your front door for hours on end.

Ed