Vetting Shopsmith.com Membership

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Vetting Shopsmith.com Membership

Post by dusty »

I an trying to understand what I believe I am seeing.

Can an individual become a New Member without going through the initial post approval routine that has recently been implemented.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Vetting Shopsmith.com Membership

Post by JPG »

The vetting only(AIUI) involves approval of an initial post. No limitation of access to other's posts(same as a guest). Once that initial post is 'approved', then free range.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:30 am The vetting only(AIUI) involves approval of an initial post. No limitation of access to other's posts(same as a guest). Once that initial post is 'approved', then free range.
I don't see it as a "free range" because any post, by any member can be deleted - can it not?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

We can ban anyone anytime. A couple of weeks back I allowed a user/post and later the person added a spam link. They are no longer with us and post deleted just like that. I like to give the benefit of the doubt until they actually do something wrong, then just use our superpowers to do away with them.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:51 am
JPG wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:30 am The vetting only(AIUI) involves approval of an initial post. No limitation of access to other's posts(same as a guest). Once that initial post is 'approved', then free range.
I don't see it as a "free range" because any post, by any member can be deleted - can it not?

Free range until a line is crossed.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange