SS Order, Net Positive

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

roy_okc
Platinum Member

SS Order, Net Positive

Post by roy_okc »

In light of so many delayed and problematic orders, I wanted to post my overall positive recent order experience, with room for improvement.

A few years ago, I bought a used wide belt sander SPT, used it a couple times outside under the carport, and put away. It's an older model with the small dust port on it. I've got some projects coming up where I'll probably be using it, would like to be able to connect to my dust collector. So, I sat down to order the 2.5" dust chute from the mothership. While I was ordering, online, I thought I'd get the drum sanding attachment and some sleeves, think there were a couple other small things, to save on the combined shipping; however, after putting them in my "cart", I got to thinking about all the problems posted on here about orders waiting on one item to return to stock before shipping and in the mean time another item went out of stock, ad infinitum, and ended up removing the other items. So my cart went from over $100 to $23 and instead got a Wen portable oscillating drum sander for $50-some.

The online ordering process could be drastically improved by simply showing some sort of stock level status message.

Anyway, I placed my order on Friday, 23 Apr, in the late afternoon, got a shipping notice on Monday, and received the order a couple or so days later; so that went smoothly and quickly.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
garys
Platinum Member

Re: SS Order, Net Positive

Post by garys »

I also had great results recently ordering from Shopsmith. I needed the dust collector chutes for my jointer, planer, and bandsaw. The one for the jointer was listed as "out of stock" on the site, but I ordered all of them anyway. I ordered on Monday and the entire order arrived complete on Thursday.

Shopsmith handled the "out of stock" jointer chute upgrade kit by assembling a kit from their individual in stock parts and printing up a copy of the kit installation instructions to make a kit. Very few companies would go out of their way to assemble a kit like they did.

I will definitely continue to order from Shopsmith when I need parts and service.

No fly-by-night vendors on Ebay for me.