SS SPT Warranty card

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

StevenAyres
Gold Member

SS SPT Warranty card

Post by StevenAyres »

I found a lathe duplicator on Craigslist that has apparently never been assembled or even removed from its shipping box. Inside I found the original warranty return card. The box indicates that this was shipped on November 1, 1986. I've made a PDF of the card just because that's the sort of thing I do with old documents; I won't need to keep the card itself. It is printed for lathe duplicators and has an added serial number. I'm wondering whether this is of any historical interest, and whether anyone might want it for their SS collection.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: SS SPT Warranty card

Post by chapmanruss »

Since the Lathe duplicator is from 1986 and you are not the original owner it's way to late to send it in. :D

As for what to do with it, the most value it would have in my opinion would be with the Lathe Duplicator itself. I have a collection of Shopsmith documentation but other than a serial number reference (S/N and date sold) I see no value.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
StevenAyres
Gold Member

Post by StevenAyres »

If it's of interest to anyone, the serial number is 2913, and again it shipped (postmark) Nov. 1 '86.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Send it in and blame the post office for the delay.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER