More of nature

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

More of nature

Post by reible »

I'm so far behind on posting videos........

Here is one that was easy to post and shows a red-winged blackbird who decided to put on a little show for my wife and I. It was there a lot longer then the video and I wanted to mention that it was only about 6 feet away from me. Several bike rides came by but the bird didn't seem to care??

https://youtu.be/YPjoI7AFZ88

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Re: More of nature

Post by wrmnfzy »

How the hell do you hold the camera so steady,👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Mating season. :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I am lost what does mating season have to do with holding the camera steady????😂
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Ed in Tampa wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:50 pm I am lost what does mating season have to do with holding the camera steady????😂
My post was directer to Ed's original post not wrmnfzy's.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

All of this takes place between 7:19 pm 5/4/21 and 7:23 am 5/5/21 so about 12 hours of actual time.....

This is a long one, about 15 minutes long. It starts with me leaving a cup of red grapes and a cup of popcorn out in the back yard for the wildlife.

Will the fox come back for this treat? Will the raccoons find it and enjoy? Maybe a cat would like to try one of these? Birds are always up for eating this sort of meal so would they get some? How about the squirrels and chipmunks that roam the yard, a good treat for them? Lets not count out the rabbits or the opossums or the skunks, or some other wild beast from stopping by.

Well you will not have to wait long to find out which animal eats red grapes and popcorn in this video. Do stay and watch as there are several interesting events that happen....... Please feel free to share this with anyone and make sure your kids get to see it if you have any. I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

https://youtu.be/-jsATkVpgBY
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

That was fun ... “Peter the Eater” definitely won this week’s gluttony competition! 😋

I’d be curious to see what would happen if you changed up the offering to include peanut butter. That was the bait that “Varmint Gaurd” used to trap the squirrels that chewed through my eaves, and took up residence in my attic. They swear by it.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I use peanut butter on my mouse traps, works every time. My brother has a chipmunk and they too love peanut butter.

My brother gave me some 2 x 2 peanut butter feeders with holes drilled in to put the peanut butter in for the birds. The squirrels made kindling wood out of them trying to get every last drop of the peanut butter........ a one and done deal.

I have batteries coming for my trail camera so I will set out some peanut butter this week just to see who will stop by. I set them out in the evening so it is possible something other then the squirrels will find it. If it makes it to morning then it is another story. BTW I have seen mice in videos so it quite possible we might see them visit during the night.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

This is a 7 minute or so video, longer then most that I post. Yesterdays was just over 15 minutes so I had to sell my soul to get permission to have longer then 15 minute videos. I really like to keep them short but the recent events kind of work better as longer versions but I do hope to get back to my usual half minute versions again.

This time there are some red grapes in a bowl of water. Again left out in the evening and not touched over night, the raccoons didn't even seem to notice that they were there.

No the rabbit didn't have any this time but did check them out. So who ate the grapes? Yes you have to watch to find out.

https://youtu.be/dVrlRBHALxQ

Ed
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Great video!