More of nature

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: More of nature

Post by reible »

A rain storm was in progress and I didn't think I would get much animal activity that night but then this rabbit decided to shed some of the rain right in front of the camera:

https://youtu.be/IfWi9dYsnDI

Then there was this surprise, a fly decided to walk right over the camera lens and give us a little show.

https://youtu.be/f6Kv4GSgmOI

I'm in the process of adding a third camera so I can see the animals as they come and go better. Not sure of camera locations but this was fun to see.

https://youtu.be/WqT2jkEMZPc

I can still add more camera and have plans for a forth and maybe a fifth. Not for a month or so......

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

After wading through hundreds of videos of nothing I now have them sorted and stored on my computer. Most of them not worth working on to make into videos to publish but I thought some of you might like to see the skunks of late Nov. No more signs of them since 11/26. Now it mostly cats, rabbits and opossums. During the day it is squirrels.

These two bonded skunks are still traveling together. Wonder how much longer that will last. Out of the three little ones these two have made it to winter, not an easy task.

https://youtu.be/WP2Uu7QNqeU

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Here is the coyote I mentioned before.

https://youtu.be/n70jqb-0bMU

Ed
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I was at cabellas last week and a fella had a pet skunk in his arms , thought it was pretty neat . years ago I helped a guy descent half a dozen little ones so they could be sold . was told they make better pets than a cat .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ANYTHING makes a better pet than a cat. :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:32 pm ANYTHING makes a better pet than a cat. :rolleyes:
Does that include you? :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

now fellas be careful.
I was told that there were cats in heaven.

(The angels have to get their harp strings from somewhere) :rolleyes:
Majones1
Gold Member

Post by Majones1 »

Hey, hey, hey!! Cats are not pets; in that relationship it is the human who is the pet. Once you understand that you can get along with them just fine.

Actually, Bengals are almost like dogs. They like dogs and people, and have great personalities. Our cat Suzi-Q follows me around, hangs out with me in the morning as I drink my tea and at night while I watch TV, just like our dog Charlie. When we first got Charlie as a rescue we found that he had been abused and he had a lot of fear and did not play at all. Suzi-Q brought out the playfulness in him, and they still like to chase each other around. She loves him. The reason we got a Bengal in the first place was because of our first rescue dog. In researching cats we learned that they get along very well with dogs and we wanted the dog to have company during the day when we were at work. That dog and our first Bengal also loved each other, and even slept together all the time in pet beds, even if the bed was too small for the two of them. It was amazing.

And be careful, I think she heard what you were saying.

Suzi-Q is watching you. We think her night job is assassin, so you better be nice.
Suzi-Q is watching you. We think her night job is assassin, so you better be nice.
65A6F467-94BA-4DC5-928B-2174324A6AD6.jpeg (176.61 KiB) Viewed 3556 times
Marc Jones

Model 10ER (1952), s/n: 72883 (MickyD restored in 2009/10) / Variable Speed Changer / A-34 Jigsaw / Jointer-Shaper Fence
Mark 5 Model 500 (1955), s/n: 309828 (MickyD restored in 2008/09) / Magna Jigsaw Model 610, s/n 65001 / Yuba 11” Bandsaw Model 630, s/n 39807 / Magna Jointer Model 620, s/n 17792 (restored in 2021) / Magna 6” Belt Sander Model 640, s/n 13742 (to be restored)
Professional Planer Model M5082, s/n 003918
DC3300 Dust Collector (circa 1998)
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

https://youtu.be/KYd5m5pzbv8

Young squirrel in our backyard today. Mom has kicked him out or moved on without him, using him but it could be a her. This is the call they make when calling and they will do it for hours and sometimes days. They get no answer.

At least it is a mild winter so far and there should be plenty to eat, now housing could be an issue....

You may need to turn your volume up to hear the sounds.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

For you cat fans:

https://youtu.be/LqZt5PqcDkc

The snow has fallen and now the black cat stands out even more then other seasons. No idea if this is someones cat that gets let out or if it has made other living arrangements on its own.

This is a combination of several videos over I think it was three days.

I'm having some connection issues with the WiFi, might be snow or cold related but I have decided to do an upgrade to my connections by way of an extender on the lower level of the house. I have opted for the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Mesh Range Extender EX6250. I have also purchased another camera which I hope to bring online tomorrow. Have to see if the weather permits. The forecast for warmer temperatures is hampered by the forecast for freezing rain/drizzle combine with cold ground so we expect iced conditions but we will see.

Ed