Problems registering as new member of forum

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Majones1
Gold Member

Problems registering as new member of forum

Post by Majones1 »

Hello everyone, I’m very glad to finally get registered as a new member to this forum, although not with the user ID and E-Mail address that I would very much prefer to use. And many thanks to my friend Mike (mickyd) for attempting to get some help from the group, as unregistered viewers have no access to admin or moderators. I tried to register as “Joncast” several days ago but never received the activation e-Mail, and the “send new activation notice” feature also failed to deliver said notice (many times, and as recently as just a couple of hours ago). Attempts to create a different user ID with the same e-Mail address resulted in the forum telling me that e-Mail was already in use, so they do have my correct e-Mail address. Anyway, if there’s a way to get that account active, I would rather use that.

All that said, I have to tell you that if this forum hadn’t already proven invaluable to me I would have just given up in total frustration. But, the amount of experience and information available on this forum, its organization, and then the kind, knowledgable users sharing their deep experience ensured my perseverance. Your shared experience helped me learn how to deeply inspect, clean, wax, lube, and adjust mickyd’s old machine so that I could begin making a bunch of sawdust. I’m looking forward to participating in the discussions and learning more about my machine and woodworking in general.

Thanks,

Marc Jones
Proud owner of SS 10ER, SN: 72883
Marc Jones

Model 10ER (1952), s/n: 72883 (MickyD restored in 2009/10) / Variable Speed Changer / A-34 Jigsaw / Jointer-Shaper Fence
Mark 5 Model 500 (1955), s/n: 309828 (MickyD restored in 2008/09) / Magna Jigsaw Model 610, s/n 65001 / Yuba 11” Bandsaw Model 630, s/n 39807 / Magna Jointer Model 620, s/n 17792 (restored in 2021) / Magna 6” Belt Sander Model 640, s/n 13742 (to be restored)
Professional Planer Model M5082, s/n 003918
DC3300 Dust Collector (circa 1998)
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Problems registering as new member of forum

Post by dusty »

Majones1 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:30 am Hello everyone, I’m very glad to finally get registered as a new member to this forum, although not with the user ID and E-Mail address that I would very much prefer to use. And many thanks to my friend Mike (mickyd) for attempting to get some help from the group, as unregistered viewers have no access to admin or moderators. I tried to register as “Joncast” several days ago but never received the activation e-Mail, and the “send new activation notice” feature also failed to deliver said notice (many times, and as recently as just a couple of hours ago). Attempts to create a different user ID with the same e-Mail address resulted in the forum telling me that e-Mail was already in use, so they do have my correct e-Mail address. Anyway, if there’s a way to get that account active, I would rather use that.

All that said, I have to tell you that if this forum hadn’t already proven invaluable to me I would have just given up in total frustration. But, the amount of experience and information available on this forum, its organization, and then the kind, knowledgable users sharing their deep experience ensured my perseverance. Your shared experience helped me learn how to deeply inspect, clean, wax, lube, and adjust mickyd’s old machine so that I could begin making a bunch of sawdust. I’m looking forward to participating in the discussions and learning more about my machine and woodworking in general.

Thanks,

Marc Jones
Proud owner of SS 10ER, SN: 72883
Mark

Try changing user name on this account if this is not the preferred.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Majones1
Gold Member

Re: Problems registering as new member of forum

Post by Majones1 »

Thanks Dusty. I would like to change to use the user ID (Joncast) and e-Mail address I attempted to register with last week, but I think an admin would need to delete that account before I could make the change.
Marc Jones

Model 10ER (1952), s/n: 72883 (MickyD restored in 2009/10) / Variable Speed Changer / A-34 Jigsaw / Jointer-Shaper Fence
Mark 5 Model 500 (1955), s/n: 309828 (MickyD restored in 2008/09) / Magna Jigsaw Model 610, s/n 65001 / Yuba 11” Bandsaw Model 630, s/n 39807 / Magna Jointer Model 620, s/n 17792 (restored in 2021) / Magna 6” Belt Sander Model 640, s/n 13742 (to be restored)
Professional Planer Model M5082, s/n 003918
DC3300 Dust Collector (circa 1998)