Ahhhhh.....retirement! RV purchase time.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Ahhhhh.....retirement! RV purchase time.

Post by dusty »

thunderbirdbat wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm
dusty wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:05 am Some toy haulers have great recreational areas while the residential area is just a place to eat and sleep (get out of the rain).

Yes, if you want to go on vacation to make saw dust - a toy hauler would do the trick.
I agree that if you do not want to make saw dust on vacation, you do not need to add your SS to your planning. My wish was for ease of doing projects. My mother in law lives several states away and I always have repairs and projects that need to be done while there. Having the SS available to do what she needs and wants done would make things a lot easier and go faster. Hubby was also talking about wintering someplace warm after he retires.
Maybe you should consider a Crafters Station set up for at the mother-in-laws house. Mine is now at my son-in-laws so that he can finish a kitcheb remodel.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Seems you need to take a 'second' SS to MIL and leave it there for future 'repair' trips.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

When we had a house in the UP of MI I purchased a shopsmith to keep there. Added a bandsaw as the only spt, yes I found that the bandsaw was the most missed tool after the shopsmith. When we sold the house I put the shopsmith at my brothers for a while but then it found its way back here to IL and is setting in a storage unit. I should sell it since I don't really need it or use it but it's also nice to have a spare at the ready.

One of my brothers use to do the craft fair circuit, they got one of those large RVs, I seem to remember 55feet??? It was pretty much like a home and cost almost as much. They still had to tow a trailer to carry "stock". That was quite the life style.

When I first retired we did some road trips by car and found some interesting places to stay, most of them good but a couple were not. I had thought about getting a small tear drop trailer but that never happened and we are now at the point where the wife doesn't want to travel anymore so it not ever going to happen for us. I still do some trips to visit family but that didn't happen last year so I'm not to sure how much I'm going to want to that anymore, hard traveling alone. Probably time to invest in a new van or pickup since our "new" one is a 2000. I tend to buy and use up and we are at about that time.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]