Woodpeckers Knock off Tools

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Woodpeckers Knock off Tools

Post by jsburger »

I just got an email from Woodpeckers about the fake sites offering Woodpeckers tools at deep discounts. They are all scams. They use Woodpeckers photos and videos but Woodpeckers says you probably won't get anything. They are just trying to get your credit card info, The email had 5 pictures of SCAM sites. If you buy on Amazon the page should say sold and shipped by Woodpeckers. They are the only one on Amazon. Also there are only a few resellers authorized by Woodpeckers like Highland Wood Working. They say they are working hard to fix this but, who knows if they can.

Caveat Emptor in spades!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: Woodpeckers Knock off Tools

Post by Hobbyman2 »

When I first seen china tools I thought that was the deal, same color and style . seems like they could have at least made em green or yellow or something .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Is the intent to knock these tools because they appear similar to Woodpeckers or are they "poor" quality tools.

If they had been pink or green or yellow or something would they be worthy of consideration.

Of course Woodpecker doesn't speak favorably of potential, inexpensive competition.

Comparing a $30 tool with a $230 tool should make someone suspicious - no matter what color it is.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

I received the same email from Woodpeckers.

I noticed a couple days ago several listings on Amazon for ~$30 drill guides from Chinese named sellers that are using photoshopped photos (removing names and in one case offering a black version) of Woodpeckers' upcoming drill guide; one listing didn't even bother to photoshop the name out. One of the listings even uses Woodpeckers in the title. If you're interested in seeing them, just search for "drill guide" on Amazon, currently there are three sponsored at the top and I found the black one further down the page.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Post by mountainbreeze »

Is it true that Amazon allows companies to list products on their website who have no intention of actually delivering anything? If so, then are not all products listed in Amazon caveat emptor?
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

mountainbreeze wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 am Is it true that Amazon allows companies to list products on their website who have no intention of actually delivering anything? If so, then are not all products listed in Amazon caveat emptor?
I won't pretend to know Amazon's policy on their sellers, but I suspect that they don't want vaporware listings. I have a feeling that these will disappear in conjunction with Woodpeckers contesting these listings that use blatant rip offs of their photos.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Laser engraver
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Can Woodpecker object to the use of the pictures IF the pictures are not specifically protected (copy righted)????

I certainly see the likeness in the pictures to Woodpeckers but I found none of the pictures to contain Woodpecker ID ( not even in the Woodpecker ads).
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Amazon won't know about the problem until someone tells them. Woodpecker should complain if copyrighted images are being used but anyone can complain if the listing appears deceitful.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:33 pm Can Woodpecker object to the use of the pictures IF the pictures are not specifically protected (copy righted)????

I certainly see the likeness in the pictures to Woodpeckers but I found none of the pictures to contain Woodpecker ID ( not even in the Woodpecker ads).
Two of the web pages in the Woodpecker email claimed they were Woodpecker One Time Tools. They are not. They are not Woodpecker web pages. That in of itself is fraudulent.

Copy right is automatic. You don't have to file for it. If you don't believe that check out this web page.

https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/cop ... ne-images/
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

If you have good eyes, a good monitor, and look closely you can see where the Woodpeckers logo was removed on some of the photos.

Then, there are some where they didn't bother to even remove it, such as the following link, where if you hover over the last photo you can plainly see "Woodpeckers" on it. https://smile.amazon.com/Woodworking-Po ... 00&sr=8-57
Roy

Laser engraver