Woodpeckers Knock off Tools

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Woodpeckers Knock off Tools

Post by jsburger »

roy_okc wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:09 pm If you have good eyes, a good monitor, and look closely you can see where the Woodpeckers logo was removed on some of the photos.

Then, there are some where they didn't bother to even remove it, such as the following link, where if you hover over the last photo you can plainly see "Woodpeckers" on it. https://smile.amazon.com/Woodworking-Po ... 00&sr=8-57

And that is a copy right infringement.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

roy_okc wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:09 pm If you have good eyes, a good monitor, and look closely you can see where the Woodpeckers logo was removed on some of the photos.

Then, there are some where they didn't bother to even remove it, such as the following link, where if you hover over the last photo you can plainly see "Woodpeckers" on it. https://smile.amazon.com/Woodworking-Po ... 00&sr=8-57
I don't have good eyes but I found that image and yes it says woodpecker. I guess this says they should have taken their own pictures. Dumb.

Fraudulent yes. If manufactured under US jurisdiction. But I suspecytthese are coming from China. So what is new.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/cop ... ne-images/

Very interesting read. Thanks for linking it to this thread. However, I am not certain that it applies in this specific example simply because the offender is almost certainly an operation with no "legal identity". Just who would you take action against and in what legal system.

Aaah "The Court of Public Opinion"
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

I dropped a note to Woodpeckers yesterday evening, got a note back thanking me for pointing it out. We'll see what happens.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

The pictures are now removed from the Amazon ad. Using others pictures is becoming very common on the internet. I know one YouTube provider has had his pictures used over and over by others without his permission.
As far a China reverse engineering and producing the identical product for much less is nothing new. In fact many US manufactures have just quiesced to this and now have their products manufactured for them by China.
I am not defending China but some of these products are so wildly over priced
that the actual manufacturing cost is many times lower than the product is selling for. So the ability of some company being able to produce an identical product and sell it for much less is no mystery.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:20 am

The pictures are now removed from the Amazon ad. Using others pictures is becoming very common on the internet. I know one YouTube provider has had his pictures used over and over by others without his permission.
As far a China reverse engineering and producing the identical product for much less is nothing new. In fact many US manufactures have just quiesced to this and now have their products manufactured for them by China.
I am not defending China but some of these products are so wildly over priced
that the actual manufacturing cost is many times lower than the product is selling for. So the ability of some company being able to produce an identical product and sell it for much less is no mystery.
The pictures in question are not gone. Others are there that I had not seen before but if you search through the amazon site the ones being discussed are still there. These guys don't give up that easily.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

The link takes you to a page with that clearly states image is not available. I do not know what you get if you search but if you just take the LINK GIVEN you get image not available.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:16 am The link takes you to a page with that clearly states image is not available. I do not know what you get if you search but if you just take the LINK GIVEN you get image not available.
Yup, the link is now gone BUT

if you go to amazon.com and search for "drill guide" you will find several some of which are what is being discussed and in one case the price is $10 lower.

All that this says to me is "Be cautious of bargains too good to believe".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Post by mountainbreeze »

The picture in this link is gone but if you scroll down, there is a video that clearly shows "Woodpecker".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096G3BQGH/re ... R0T77CBV3G
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

mountainbreeze wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:13 pm The picture in this link is gone but if you scroll down, there is a video that clearly shows "Woodpecker".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096G3BQGH/re ... R0T77CBV3G
Thanks for the link. I am seriously considering placing an order. Even if it is a "knockoff" it appears to work well. :rolleyes:

AND - it comes from Amazon - one click ordering and free shipping.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty