Lithium Ion Battery Discharge

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Lithium Ion Battery Discharge

Post by dusty »

I have worn hearing aids for several years and have always been irritated by power loss (battery discharge). There were very few days that I was able to get more than 8-10 hours of operation on a single charge.

About three weeks ago my audi made me an offer for new HAs that used lithium ion batteries. I took him up on it and am I ever pleased.

I get up at about 3:00am and retire about 7:00pm. With my new HAs, I have yet to experience a disconnect due to battery power loss. When I do retire my phone app reports that my batteries have depleted to only about 40% (meaning several more hours of use available).

If you use hearing aids and have similar experience, I strongly recommend that you consider HAs with lithium ion batteries. Mine are Oticon but there are others most likely similar.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Lithium Ion Battery Discharge

Post by JPG »

My NON-rechargable batteries last 3 weeks.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:30 pm My NON-rechargable batteries last 3 weeks.
WOW! 505+hours. That is a bunch better than my rechargeables would last without recharge. What brand? Maybe I can put those in my old hearing aids.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

More like 350 since they are 'off' while I sleep. Size 13. OLD type(BTE), Only two 'channels' Only HF one is 'amplified'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I just realized : I have had much the same experience with my battery operated DeWalt power tools.

Reible commented months ago about replacing some of his power tools for those that use lithium ion batteries. I must thank you, Ed, for that post. I too changed and - what a difference. The batteries charge faster and last longer. and are lighter in weight.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:08 pm I just realized : I have had much the same experience with my battery operated DeWalt power tools.

Reible commented months ago about replacing some of his power tools for those that use lithium ion batteries. I must thank you, Ed, for that post. I too changed and - what a difference. The batteries charge faster and last longer. and are lighter in weight.
And they don't slowly discharge when sitting around unused.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT