Paw Paw festival Lake Snowden Ohio

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Paw Paw festival Lake Snowden Ohio

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Today we managed to find a little time to get away , it was a short day trip to Lake Snowden in southern Ohio to the Paw Paw festival , I forgot how good they were . Had Paw Paw ice cream , Paw Paw beer , Paw Paw bread, and of coarse Paw Paw's , the atmosphere there was very good , the horse drawn wagon ride was a treat , the arts were amazing and the caterpillar / butterfly and all of the other information tents were very educational . I am sure they will be posting pictures on their website soon . I haven't had a Paw Paw since I was a kid squirrel hunting in south eastern Ohio , now the woods there is a housing development . one of the vendors was saying he knew of a Paw Paw orchard in Indiana that was about to be destroyed to make room for a condo complex .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Majones1
Gold Member

Re: Paw Paw festival Lake Snowden Ohio

Post by Majones1 »

That sounds great. I haven’t had paw paws since I was a kid growing up in the country, southwest of St. Louis. Only had them a few times, they were rare then. We got them when we were out squirrel hunting too.

Picking up paw paws, putting em in a basket… I’m guessing you know that song too. Was telling a friend about them just a couple of months ago.
Marc Jones

Model 10ER (1952), s/n: 72883 (MickyD restored in 2009/10) / Variable Speed Changer / A-34 Jigsaw / Jointer-Shaper Fence
Mark 5 Model 500 (1955), s/n: 309828 (MickyD restored in 2008/09) / Magna Jigsaw Model 610, s/n 65001 / Yuba 11” Bandsaw Model 630, s/n 39807 / Magna Jointer Model 620, s/n 17792 (restored in 2021) / Magna 6” Belt Sander Model 640, s/n 13742 (to be restored)
Professional Planer Model M5082, s/n 003918
DC3300 Dust Collector (circa 1998)
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

There was a craft tent with some very neat wooden kitchen utensils, cutting boards , spoons forks, rolling pins and others items made locally .
Paw Paw's have came a long way from the wild Paw Paw's I use to find , they now have Paw Paw cross breeds that are rather large compared to the wild ones we use to find .I don't recall seeing anything made from Paw Paw wood , most Paw Paw trees don't live but around 15-20 years and do not get very big according to the info I have found .

lol I married a girl name Suzie ,,, the song , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHu8VKD4Cvk
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Olive00
Bronze Member

Post by Olive00 »

It's a very cool festival