What is this part?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Geppetto
Bronze Member

What is this part?

Post by Geppetto »

Hi,
New member with a gently used SS V and a ton of accessories that I'm looking forward to getting familiar with. No real woodworking experience other than building what I needed around the house and a wood shop class way back in the 80's (when my SS was manufactured).

I have 2 cast clamping looking pieces with a single wingnut and about 1 1/2" of thread sticking out of the center. There are small radii that match the spacing of the top way tubes. A quick scan of my manuals didn't give me any clues. Any help with ID of these items would be appreciated.

My setup came with sanders, band saw, jig saw, jointer, motorized planer, home built wheeled carts for tool storage and a bunch of blades, drills and lathe tools.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: What is this part?

Post by JPG »

Clamps to secure the planer to the way tubes.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Geppetto
Bronze Member

Re: What is this part?

Post by Geppetto »

Thanks for the reply! Having the cart that the PO made for the planer, those will probably sit unused.

I just picked up the upgrade guard top and bottom, it appears that I will need to do some sawing, drilling and tapping to get the lower mounted. If it looks like too much effort I will probably run the original lower and get the new upper guard to work for me.