Do you guys watch this YouTube creator?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Do you guys watch this YouTube creator?

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I started watching https://youtu.be/f9oDaPHsvNA. About a month ago or so and I am amazed by what he does.
I noticed his patience, his safety, his ingenuity.
I also love all the tools he created and built and now uses. Most of us toolies will tend to frown on his tools but watching him build and then use them in actual production use awes me. Who among us have a power height adjustment on their drill press. I know most will scoff at his being just a drill but watch him use it in a few videos and see how very useful it is. Or his panel/track saw that he uses for most of his cross cutting.

Do yourself a favor check him out.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Do you guys watch this YouTube creator?

Post by RFGuy »

Yeah, whenever one of his videos come up, I watch it. I agree with you. Before I bought my tracksaw, I saw his panel saw video and I bought the plans for it. It was cheap, like $5, I think, so very reasonable. I never used the plans because I decided to get a tracksaw instead, but who knows someday maybe I will build it. The plans were well done, but keep in mind there are language translations involved. I believe the guy is Japanese so there are English translations in the plans, but sometimes they aren't 100% clear. The other issue is this particular plan needs very specialized hardware for the rail bushing rail mounts. Some of the parts like this are possibly commonly available where he lives in Asia, but finding suitable replacements that are easily orderable to get to the States can be a challenge, or at least that is what I remember when I looked into it before. Still, I applaud the guy. Very inventive and his solutions are often elegant which is the hallmark of good design IMHO. For anyone looking to do woodworking on a budget, many of his plans & inventions would be definitely worth the time to take a look at. Even for those of us with decent tools already, he has some good ideas & techniques that can be transferred to be used on jigs & fixtures as well.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Interesting channel.

That particular video seemed like a very complicated way to make a jig to make an end-product that would be quite simple to turn on the lathe in just a few minutes, even for a beginner.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Very nice jig, very well made. I don't know if I've seen him in particular, there are a lot of YouTube tool builders. Looks like he's one of the better ones.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER