My Forum Access issues have been resolved. Thanks Dan

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Dan reached out a few days ago, and I have just returned home to my computer to re-establish my password.

The major issues were relative to Facebook Groups, Messenger, and Google Gmail notifications from users who set a private bookmark directly to My Google Drive, unknown to me. When their bookmark was no longer pointing to the correct link (it changes), or its security profile expired I was getting alerts from Google in my GMail that someone couldn't connect. Frequently they would check the box when that happened to request permission directly. I was flooded day and night by messaging. Equally troubling was that someone was setting up throw away accounts on Facebook Groups and messaging me day and night. Some of it vile and offensive, some of it Spam, I'm not a member of those groups on Facebook any longer and I have rules in Gmail to take those kinds of auto generated requests and notifications for Google Drive directly to trash.

If anyone here sets a bookmark, never use My Google Drive's direct address. It changes periodically and I keep the post in Maintenance and Repair link updated as changes occur. I cannot update everyone in the world who might have chosen to directly link to the drive.

Use rather, the link to the post in Shopsmith Forums, Maintenance and repair.

I can actually get some sleep now, and I can login to the Forums to explain myself. Thanks to John Burger for being my Proxy in the interim.

Again, Thanks to Dan for helping get me logged in again.

Everett
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: My Forum Access issues have been resolved. Thanks Dan

Post by RFGuy »

Everett,

Welcome back! We missed you! Glad you have it resolved now, but sorry that all of this happened.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Everett,

Really glad you are back. :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

+1
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Majones1
Gold Member

Post by Majones1 »

Everett, I am grateful you are back, too. I’m sorry you have had to experience such ugliness. I left Facebook in 2016 because of the vile way people treated each other, and have never regretted my decision. A good friend of mine likes to say, “I wouldn’t want to be that person,” whenever he sees someone act viciously towards another person. Hearing of such things as you have had to deal with makes me even more grateful to you and the others who have for so long been maintaining the welcoming and mentoring environment that we have here in this ShopSmith forum. It would be a huge sacrifice to lose any of you.
Marc Jones

Model 10ER (1952), s/n: 72883 (MickyD restored in 2009/10) / Variable Speed Changer / A-34 Jigsaw / Jointer-Shaper Fence
Mark 5 Model 500 (1955), s/n: 309828 (MickyD restored in 2008/09) / Magna Jigsaw Model 610, s/n 65001 / Yuba 11” Bandsaw Model 630, s/n 39807 / Magna Jointer Model 620, s/n 17792 (restored in 2021) / Magna 6” Belt Sander Model 640, s/n 13742 (to be restored)
Professional Planer Model M5082, s/n 003918
DC3300 Dust Collector (circa 1998)
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

I just erased my bookmark for your Google Drive. I don't understand what actually happened, but I'll do my part.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Everett,

I am happy to see your return to the Forum. Thank you for explaining the following
If anyone here sets a bookmark, never use My Google Drive's direct address. It changes periodically and I keep the post in Maintenance and Repair link updated as changes occur. I cannot update everyone in the world who might have chosen to directly link to the drive.
I am guilty of adding a link directly to your google drive in posts for those needing information but did not realize this would cause a problem. I will reference the Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More Topic in Maintenance and Repair only from now on. As I find them I will delete links from my previous posts. Hopefully anyone reading this will not try to use old links to your google drive I have previously posted. Anyone finding one of those links can PM me and I will delete it.

Again, Everett it is nice to have you back and I am sorry for any of this problem I have caused for you.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.