Festool prices going up again

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Festool prices going up again

Post by reible »

I know a lot of you are not Festool people but a few might want to join the ranks or have already going down that path and might want a few more for their collection. So price increases come in with the new year.

As examples the Domino DF 500 Q sets at 1060.00 but if you wait expect to pay another $39.
The Assorted Domino and Cutters is at $345 and it is going up $20.
The Hold Down is currently $90 and will be $95.

Some things are not going up but if there is something on your list that is now it might be time to pull the trigger. Also supply side problems are still with us so you might find it hard to find just what you want.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
garys
Platinum Member

Re: Festool prices going up again

Post by garys »

I think it is just a sign of the times. Right now we are seeing price increases just about everywhere. Life is like that. We just have to tighten our belts and ride it out. Buy only what you need and hope that prices drop again in the future. It likely won't happen, but we are allowed to hope.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

garys wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 am I think it is just a sign of the times.
Well, I think it is a little different with Festool. I believe they are known for their yearly price increases. I don't have enough experience with Festool to say whether their price increases are purely meant to counteract inflation or if it is something else. It may be a European thing to adjust prices every year?

Some brands, particularly luxury brands, do regular price increases simply because they can. One good example that I know of is Viking Range who happens to have quarterly price increases. Yes, that is right, quarterly price increases! Every quarter they raise prices, it could be only 1-2%, but some quarters are bigger than others, e.g. 7-8%. It doesn't take long for a grill or kitchen appliance to double in price with them because of this quarterly compounding. Could you imagine if Shopsmith did prices increases every quarter? Boy, that would be scary... :rolleyes:
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
RCZ
Gold Member

Post by RCZ »

I started buying Festool sometime in 2000's (I don't recall exactly when it was). At the time, the prices seemed to be relatively high but still reasonable. I didn't have any problem spending what was needed, particularly because the dust collection was so good for most of the tools and it helped to keep the jobsite clean. But I quickly caught on to the annual price increase thing, and it surely did create a panic mentality for many people who rushed to buy stuff before the April deadline. I was told by several people "in the know" that it was all part of the overall plan by Festool USA and prices would continue to go up and up, "just because they can". :eek: :D And they have continued to go up LOL.

It must be a good strategy because they continue to sell tools. For my situation now (hobby work only), I don't need the high quality of Festool and get by just fine with Dewalt, Makita and Bosch tools. I did keep one track saw and two CT Mini dust extractors.

Mafell helps provide a bit of protection for anyone balking at Festool's prices. Take a look at Timberwolf Tools website and look a the listings for Mafell track saws and jigsaws. YIKES !

RFGuy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:45 am
garys wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 am I think it is just a sign of the times.
Well, I think it is a little different with Festool. I believe they are known for their yearly price increases. I don't have enough experience with Festool to say whether their price increases are purely meant to counteract inflation or if it is something else. It may be a European thing to adjust prices every year?