My last order to shopsmith was 12/2/2019

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

My last order to shopsmith was 12/2/2019

Post by reible »

Update that date to 11/29/21.

I was just checking to see how much money I spent at shopsmith last year...... nothing at all. The last order was for the laser drill guide thing with the faulty mounting system. That disappointment and the new prices for the nuts and bolts just put me off on ordering.

But I needed a new back rail and the shipping was free so there was that. So 2021 will show an order for $58.82. Not getting rich off me for sure.

My new budget shows $0 for shopsmith new tools. The repair/recondition/fit it up is another budget. Just not much that I don't have and not much new to tempt me.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RCZ
Gold Member

Re: My last order to shopsmith was 12/2/2019

Post by RCZ »

I just picked up my first Shopsmith, four SPTs, and numerous accessories and consumables. It's a Mark V 510, circa 1992. From the original owner and in very nice condition, given that everything is ~29 years old. I'm in the process of getting everything organized and ready to test drive.

Does SS usually do a free shipping deal around Christmas time? If so, I could probably wait to order some things I'd like to have and save a few bucks.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

You just missed the Black Friday thru Cyber Monday free shipping deal. Maybe they'll do it again for Christmas.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
RCZ
Gold Member

Post by RCZ »

Ed, I debated ordering stuff yesterday but decided I should wait until I really know what I need. I'm still unpacking everything and it sure looks like the first owner took really good care of his tools.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Good news for me, my back rail arrived today. So now I have another task on my list, now where are all the other parts I need??? Put them away in a box of shopsmith parts but where is the box. Found my own knobs, spring and other hardware since the $4.95 was just too far over the top for me to go with.

Ed
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

The free shipping offered on Black Friday through Cyber Monday can be a good deal but some of the sales throughout the year can save you more than the shipping cost. If you are lucky you may get both a sale item and free shipping as there was some overlap of sales and free shipping. My free shipping package arrived yesterday with sale items too. :) It mostly depends on what you need and how long you are willing to wait to get it.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

reible wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:35 pm Good news for me, my back rail arrived today. So now I have another task on my list, now where are all the other parts I need??? Put them away in a box of shopsmith parts but where is the box. Found my own knobs, spring and other hardware since the $4.95 was just too far over the top for me to go with.

Ed
What do you actually get with the rail when you buy one? Are the riv-nuts installed but that's it? There were some guesses in another thread on Rail Vs. Rail Assembly, but I don't even see that option for the Main.

- David
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I ordered just the back rail and it is the rail with riv-nuts installed and that is it.

You need the hardware to mount to the table and the knobs and springs to secure the tube.

If you were to buy that from shopsmith it would be an extra $50 or so (didn't count the parts but at $4.95 or what ever they are asking now...... just an estimate.)

Ed
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

My last order to Shopsmith was last June. I probably end up ordering around once a year after I put together a small list of my needs. I already have things in mind for my next order whenever it will be.