Looking for suggestion

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rlkeeney
Platinum Member

Re: Looking for suggestion

Post by rlkeeney »

JPG wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:07 am A 'manual' screwdriver is typically much much lighter than a drill/driver with batteries.

I have not(yet) understood the mindset that thinks of drill/driver before an old timey screw driver.
They do have their place. I recently had my roof replaced with a metal roof. If they had to use manual screwdrivers it would have taken them several weeks.

However, I see people using powered drivers all the time for things that would never use a powered driver for. Screw-in plastic for example.
--
Robert Keeney
Tallahassee Florida
#odinstoyfactory
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Not to beat this to death, but I like having the feedback when using a manual screwdriver.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rlkeeney
Platinum Member

Post by rlkeeney »

JPG wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:45 pm Not to beat this to death, but I like having the feedback when using a manual screwdriver.
I agree, especially when using screws that are easy to break or materials that are easy to strip.
--
Robert Keeney
Tallahassee Florida
#odinstoyfactory
rlkeeney
Platinum Member

Post by rlkeeney »

--
Robert Keeney
Tallahassee Florida
#odinstoyfactory
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

rlkeeney wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:09 pm
JPG wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:45 pm Not to beat this to death, but I like having the feedback when using a manual screwdriver.
I agree, especially when using screws that are easy to break or materials that are easy to strip.
+1. With a manual screwdriver, you can feel materials go nonlinear, and stop before they actually fail.
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

My last comment on this. Both manual and powered screw drivers have their place. I use manual when I physically can and called for and powered when necessary or when physically unable to use manual.