Question

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Perhaps we Americans have become spoiled in this latter post war period. We have become accustomed to goods being available 24/7, at 60% discount (or so advertised), new "super store" malls with one stop shopping, and helpful friendly and immediate service. In fact, many of the younger generation have known nothing else.

Recently at a reunion, an old classmate reminded me that her family of five grew up in a house of only 1000 sq ft. Shopping involved a bus ride downtown because most families only had one car. To us, a week's vacation in a cottage on a lake in Northern Indiana was a rare and fantastic experience. Today's generation expects to live in 10,000 sq ft homes and jet set to Europe and take Carribean cruises.

So now, in spite of Government's efforts, we are experiencing a ressession that may be prolonged, and may get worse before it gets better. It's not easy - but we will survive and be stronger for the experience.
JPG
Platinum Member

Headstock Lock exam

Post by JPG »

[quote="pkni"]12/20/08, I ordered a switch for my 1975 MKV and have yet to see that it has been shipped.

I replaced it with a DT/DP switch rated at 20 amps. No big deal, just have two "off" positions.]

Next time try the following:

Unplug power cord from wall recepticle(or whatever).

Drop motor housing (5 screws).

Disconnect wires from switch(2/4 wires).

Push motorless headstock to the 'left' end (Not the tailscock end).

Unclamp upper way tubes etc and raise to 'drill press' position.

Lookey Lookey what you can see now.:D

Of course if headstock lock is what is possibly defective, skip the slide to the left part and instead slide everything it to the right.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange