Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

curly57
Gold Member

Post by curly57 »

Hi to all, should have done this sooner, but better late than never I guess. I've been a member for about a month now and I've learned quite a lot from you guys!!! Thanks!!! I have an older SS, it's green, from what I gather it's from the 50's, it had the old cast iron table and it has a bandsaw that came with it, allthough the band saw says Magna on it, I presume thats an old SS brand. I've upgraded the table to a 520, added a lathe tool rest, just got my jointer, planer and belt sander(they just had the buy 2 get 1 free) couldn't pass that up.
I really enjoy working with the lathe, got that bug back in high school, seems like an eternity now, LOL!!! In fact I majored in industrial arts back then, loved the shop classes, just never had the room or money to really get into this hobby. I recently built my own shop, 12'x24', half work shop, half trains(my Grandson loves that part):D
Well I'll let you go for now, looking forward to reading more of your post, you can never learn to much!!

Happy Woodworking and may God Bless you!!!:D
dusty
Platinum Member

New member - curly57

Post by dusty »

curly57

Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us. There is always room for still another opinion.

Yes, Magna is in the blood line of Shopsmith. Hope you are as pleased with your 520 upgrade as I was. If you upgraded direct from your original greenie to a 520 you must have sensed a terrific change.

Keep us posted on those trains. I am sure that you and your grandson have some tremendous times together. Do you do a lot of "building" on the rail line that involves the SS.
Gold Member

520 upgrade

Post by curly57 »

Hi Dusty,and thanks!! And yes I am pleased with the upgrade, quite a change from the old cast iron table.
I haven't done any building as of yet, but will be doing some soon, now that I'm getting more accessories for the SS.

Happy Woodworking and God Bless:D