Shopsmith reviews

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

No, the 555865 Pro Fence System Router Table is not part of the upgrade and is not necessary to have to say you have a 520 Pro Fence system. Think of it as adding a belt sander or jointer, just another option for those that want it.

Parts 555985, and either 555982 or 555983 are the model upgrade kits. To be current to the 520 coming out today I would also add the two-bearing quill as I mentioned and if you have the smaller motor that should also be upgraded (other changes might be needed to do the quill/motor change).

Ed
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

No the Pro Router Fence is not part of a 520. The Pro name is confusing I am not sure it is even compatible with the 520 Pro with Rip Fence. I have asked this and gotten different answers.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

paulmcohen wrote:No the Pro Router Fence is not part of a 520. The Pro name is confusing I am not sure it is even compatible with the 520 Pro with Rip Fence. I have asked this and gotten different answers.
Hi,

FYI

"... mounts quickly and independenltly with twin knobs to the t-track in the tops of your Pro Fence System Rip Fence." Red is my highlite, and from past research that is the only system it works with since the rails are of the 520 design.
dusty
Platinum Member

Pro System

Post by dusty »

Thank you Paul and Ed

The "Pro System" was my confusion.