Local Shopsmith User Group Meeting

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

cincinnati wrote:Good luck with your group.
Is that the Woodcraft in the shopping center with a dollar store next door and I think a Wal-mart?
I was through there about a year ago and Woodcraft just closed for the day:(
Had to kill my time in the dollar store. Use to have a girl friend from Ft. Wayne. Always liked that area.
Cincinnati-

You are 100% correct! If you're up to it, come on up and join the fun!
BPR
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Open invitation

Post by ryanbp01 »

This is just a friendly little reminder that the organizational meeting for the Local Shopsmith Users Group is two weeks from today at the Woodcraft on Coldwater Road in Fort Wayne at 7 pm. All who can attend are certainly most welcome! We will be meeting in the classroom area of the store.

BPR
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Important Announcement!!!

Post by ryanbp01 »

To all interested members,

I am extremely pleased to announce that Nick Engler will be at our kickoff local Shopsmith User Group Meeting at Woodcraft on 9/17 at 7 pm. He will be here to answer questions on the planned Power-Pro which has been discussed on other threads. This promises to be a very important event! If you are able to attend, please do so.

BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

You have really out done yourself. Wow, Nick as the guest speaker!

I hope you have enough space in that place.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:You have really out done yourself. Wow, Nick as the guest speaker!

I hope he has an excellent turnout! Hopefully it might 'catch on'! There are a lot of ss's out there. Somebody owns them!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
etc92guy
Gold Member

Post by etc92guy »

Any chance you could video this and put it up on You-Tube?
Craig
Hartland, WI
-Mark 5 "Greenie" S/N 342238, Manuf. mmm/mmm 1957, Acq. Oct. 2008, Joiner S/N M067266
-10 E/ER(?) S/N Unknown, Joiner 4E S/N 40051
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

dusty wrote:You have really out done yourself. Wow, Nick as the guest speaker!

That is exactly what I want to do. I would like to ask those who are planning to attend to help get the word out, especially to those owners who do not have computer access. I just have a gut feeling there are plenty of owners who do not have computer access.

As far as taping this and placing this on You-tube, I don't know how to do this, I'm not sure other attendees would wish to be taped, plus I don't wish to intrude on those who have graciously offered to given us permission and the space to do this. But I do want feedback of those who attend and will keep you posted how this group will develop.

BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

ryanbp01 wrote:That is exactly what I want to do. I would like to ask those who are planning to attend to help get the word out, especially to those owners who do not have computer access. I just have a gut feeling there are plenty of owners who do not have computer access.

As far as taping this and placing this on You-tube, I don't know how to do this, I'm not sure other attendees would wish to be taped, plus I don't wish to intrude on those who have graciously offered to given us permission and the space to do this. But I do want feedback of those who attend and will keep you posted how this group will develop.

BPR

I wish you the best in this effort. You could be setting a new trend and don't even know it yet.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Len
Gold Member

Post by Len »

Congrats, the best to you and thanks for doing it. Am tempted to sell the house and move!
As for You Tube, they only allow 10 minutes per video.
Anniversary Model 505 to 520 Up grade, with Band saw, Jointer, Strip & Belt Sander, and a catalog of wishes.
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Folks, before we get too many people reading their digital camcorder manuals, let us remember that it is good manners (and a legal necessity) to ask permission of the person who you want to tape. And no, I don't want to be filmed, but thank you for asking.

Those of you who plan to attend should understand that I don't have permission to be completely candid and I will respect Shopsmith's wishes. Marketing is a complex art; I could jinx Shopsmith's marketing plans by saying too much; and it would be thoughtless of me to do this. What I can talk about is DVR technology and how it will affect the operation of the Shopsmith in the various woodworking modes. I can describe (but not show) what the headstock will look like and how the speed-changing tasks will differ from the current variable-diameter pulley system. I may get clearance to say more before the meeting, but then again, I may not.

For those of you who can't attend, I will do this: I will make an audio tape of the Q&A session, edit it, and make it available as a podcast. You can listen to it over your computer or download it into an MP3 player. If you want to ask questions, you can send them to me via the http://www.workshopcompanion.com forum. The podcast will also be webcast through my web site. If you have further questions or comments after listening to the podcast, once again you can post them on the Workshop Companion Forum. My reasons for using my own forum are completely selfish and unabashedly commercial.

I look forward to the meeting and enjoying your good company.

With all good wishes,