Local Shopsmith User Group Meeting

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Local Shopsmith User Group Meeting

Post by ryanbp01 »

To anyone who is interested:

The first meeting of the Shopmith Users Group in Northeast Indiana will be held the Woodcraft Store on Coldwater Road in Fort Wayne on September 17 at 7pm. This meeting will be organizational in nature. If you live in the area or know of someone with a Shopsmith who lives in this area, or are interested in coming, you are invited to attend.

BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

ryanbp01 wrote:To anyone who is interested:

The first meeting of the Shopmith Users Group in Northeast Indiana will be held the Woodcraft Store on Coldwater Road in Fort Wayne on September 17 at 7pm. This meeting will be organizational in nature. If you live in the area or know of someone with a Shopsmith who lives in this area, or are interested in coming, you are invited to attend.

BPR

Thank you for the invitation. I do wish that this was in an area where it was reasonable for me to think about attending.

I also what to thank you (and others), as a satisfied user, for the effort that you have put into this. The fact that you have done this, coupled with the fact that a Woodcraft store is participating, should be inspirational to many of us. You have acted when others (including myself) have given this nothing more than lip service.

It would be great if we could establish groups like this all over the country.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Dusty-

Thanks for your kind words. This has been a goal of mine to get this off the ground for over a year. I hope there will be a good turnout.

BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

ryanbp01 wrote:Dusty-

Thanks for your kind words. This has been a goal of mine to get this off the ground for over a year. I hope there will be a good turnout.

BPR

Even if you only get one or two to join you, this will be GOOD turnout. Any opportunity to meet with and share with fellow woodworkers is GOOD.

I occasionally have an opportunity to meet with one of our colleagues for breakfast. Every one of those meetings has been fruitful and meaningful to me. I always look forward to the next meeting.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ron309753
Gold Member

Post by Ron309753 »

It's a bit of a hike, but pencil me in!

Sincerely,

Ron
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

ryanbp01 wrote:To anyone who is interested:

BPR
BPR,
Congratulations also from downstate! I am unable to come Sept 17 but maybe at a later meeting I can come.
Chris
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

nuhobby wrote:BPR,
Congratulations also from downstate! I am unable to come Sept 17 but maybe at a later meeting I can come.
Chris-

I'll keep you posted via this forum what happens. Hope you can join us in the future!

BPR
rdubbs
Gold Member

Post by rdubbs »

Hi Chris,

I don't have time to organize a Central Indiana Shopsmith Owners Group, but I can provide a meeting location. I work at the Woodcraft in Indy, along with being a teacher. I could make the Woodcraft classroom available on Sunday afternoon/evening.
Rick Dubbs
2004 520 w/bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC 3300, Universal Lathe Tool Rest, Talon chuck, & Lathe Duplicator
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Rick-

That's great!! Let's keep this rolling!

BPR
rdubbs
Gold Member

Post by rdubbs »

This offer is open-ended. I've worked at the Indy Woodcraft for more than 2 years, and I have no plans to quit. I have already asked for and received permission to host a Shopsmith Owners Group. I work 60 hours a week during the school year, so the about only service I can offer is to the group is Woodcraft liaison (or most anything else that does not require a time commitment). I'd rather not set up meetings for the 2nd Sunday of the month as that is when the turners meet. Otherwise, anyone who wants to step up and put something together is welcome to contact me. My email address is rickdubbs at att dot net.
Rick Dubbs
2004 520 w/bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC 3300, Universal Lathe Tool Rest, Talon chuck, & Lathe Duplicator