Where's Nick?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

8iowa
Platinum Member

Where's Nick?

Post by 8iowa »

There doesn't seem to be much going on over at his "Workshop Companion". I hope he is OK and just busy.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

He's busy. Just received an e-mail from him on Friday.
BPR
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ryanbp01 wrote:He's busy. Just received an e-mail from him on Friday.
BPR
Hope his being busy is related to helping with power-pro!!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

I am busy, guys, thanks for asking. And yes, I have been making some contributions to the PowerPro. Designed the logo, for one thing. There's not a lot going on at http://www.WorkshopCompanion.com mainly because my other site, http://www.Wright-Brothers.org has been swamped. Every year the NHS hosts a nationwide competition called "History Day" -- social studies' answer to the science fairs. This year their theme is "Innovation," so every school kid in America has been pestering me for interviews and information on the Wright brothers. Since I have a soft spot for kids, as do a lot of you, I imagine you guys will forgive me while I spend some time with the up-and-coming generation.

By the way, if any of you have kids or grandkids that are doing reports or projects on the Wright brothers, tell them to go here: http://www.wright-brothers.org/Informat ... _Intro.htm . Lots of good stuff.

With all good wishes,
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

HEY Nick, we're just kids in older bodies. :)
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

Nick, good to hear from you. about the only thing on your site is wondering what you are doing and hoping everything was good. So now we know and talk to you when you catch up
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Nick:

Thanks for coming in "out of the dark". You've got a lot of friends here.
dlbristol
Platinum Member

Post by dlbristol »

Nick, glad to hear you are still "on the job" with the new headstock. Thanks for sharing the other site, I've always enjoyed those old machines that "didn't fly". What a HOOT! Some of them look like some of my projects.:eek:
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dlbristol wrote:Nick, glad to hear you are still "on the job" with the new headstock. Thanks for sharing the other site, I've always enjoyed those old machines that "didn't fly". What a HOOT! Some of them look like some of my projects.:eek:

My 'favorite' is the one with the reciprocating(vertically) rotor with the flapping vanes!:rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange