History of Flight

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

History of Flight

Post by ryanbp01 »

Yesterday morning while getting ready for work, I saw Nick Engler along with the Wright glider on the Miliitary Channel.

BPR
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Do you know if this was a recent episode? Nick has virtually disappeared. I don't even bother to visit his web site anymore.
jon
Gold Member

Post by jon »

Hi Guys,

Here is a link that shows what Nick has been up to!

http://quest.nasa.gov/people/bios/aero/englern.html
Beginning Sawdust Maker
MarK V Model #555540 Serial #031291
Jacksonville, Alabama
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jon wrote:Hi Guys,

Here is a link that shows what Nick has been up to!

http://quest.nasa.gov/people/bios/aero/englern.html

I believe that information is five or more years old. However, I do believe that the Wright Brothers Projects are a great part of Nick's distraction. He was/is very dedicated to their cause.

Thanks for the feedback, Jon. With all of us looking, we'll find him one of these days.

Check out this site and tell me if you see anything familiar.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

No wonder we don't have any more sawdust sessions Nick is out flying with the birds. Just kidding. Just mentioned it to be able to say how very much I miss those wonderful sawdust sessions we had a few years ago. Even with the messed up video they were fun.

Get youself a nice hot cup of coffee and settle back in you chair before you computer monitor and watch Nick as he taught us all how to be better wood workers and SS users.

Man that was fun. Especially the comments from everyone when the video started going south or Nick messed up.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
jon
Gold Member

Post by jon »

Dusty,

Looks like Nick is/was the Director of Wright Brothers Aeroplane Company! Did I guess right?
Beginning Sawdust Maker
Jacksonville, Alabama
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jon wrote:Dusty,

Looks like Nick is/was the Director of Wright Brothers Aeroplane Company! Did I guess right?
I really do not know for certain that he is the director. I do know that he is a great supporter of the organization and has been for some time. When he left Shopsmith, he gave me an email address www.wright-brothers.org. In fact, you will find that he listed this in his profile as his home page.

After viewing the link listed above, check this one and see if you find any similarity.

I think we know where Nick spends much of his time; doing what he loves most - teaching and writing.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jon
Gold Member

Post by jon »

Dusty,
Wow! I sure like Nick's website! Added that bookmark to my toolbar.:)
Jon
Beginning Sawdust Maker
Jacksonville, Alabama
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Jon: Even without Nick posting there regularly, you'll find an abundance of good reading. I am very anxious for him to get back into this. He has so much to offer his readership.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Folks, I appreciate the nice things you have to say. I miss you guys too; I would love to get back to my woodworking site, but sometimes life happens when you're making other plans. For the past year, I have been the administrator of my brother's disorganized estate and part of the support system for a cancer in the family. Those of you who have dealt with the aftermath of an unexpected death or a loved one with a debilitating illness know how these events can eat up your life. What little time I have left, I'm using to find a home for the Wright aircraft I helped to build and fly. See http://www.wright-brothers.org/General/ ... tunity.htm . If any of you guys know of an air or science museum with 15,000 square feet of space they would like to fill, please let me know.

With all good wishes,
Nick (still the Director of the Wright Brothers Aeroplane Company)