hall table

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

scottss
Gold Member

hall table

Post by scottss »

I just finished our hall/sofa table. Its made from red oak and has 36 mortise and tenons. I use the jointmatic for the mortises and it worked out just fine. The tricky part was the glue up. I used titebond wood glue and it was starting to set up on me. It was a good thing my wife was right there to lend me an extra pair of hands and lots of clamps.
Attachments
hall table2.jpg
hall table2.jpg (301.63 KiB) Viewed 19492 times
dusty
Platinum Member

hall table

Post by dusty »

Beautiful job. At a glance, it didn't seem like it would have that many mortises.

I've been advised to sign my work. You never know. One day that signature might be very, very significant. Doing fine work like this, you just can't tell.

When Stickley first started, many of his projects were for his own use and for gifts. Got any Stickey in your hallway?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
alancooke
Gold Member

Post by alancooke »

Very Nice!! I'm sure your wife is proud of you:)

Thanks for posting your pics directly to the thread. My filtering service doesn't like most of the image hosting sites out there, for obvious reasons!

Keep up the good work!
Alan

'Baking The World A Better Place' :)
chiroindixon
Gold Member

Nice Job....

Post by chiroindixon »

When one sees a project like this...."And you did it on Shopsmith?" "Yup" sez a lot.

Doc
charlese
Platinum Member

Very Nice Project

Post by charlese »

Beautiful Mission style couch/hall table. Don't the joints that once gave you a hard time, now give you an added sense of accomplishment?

Also your beautiful job of finishing should make you proud, as well as your wife happy.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

Scott:

That's a really fine piece of furniture!!

I often show my wife some of the projects posted on my forum sites, but I can't let her see this picture. She has been after me to make something similar for our dining room for two years. If she sees this, I will no longer be able to say it can't be done.

Again, nice job.

John
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

Scott,
Nicely done. That's a project that's been on my back burner for quite a while now.

Bruce
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Dusty:

Earlier this year my son-in-law attended a segmented bowl turning class at the Marc Adams school.

When he mentioned that he was going to obtain a stamp to identify his work, the instructor, a renouned woodturner, said " An artist signs his work".

Nuf said!
fixit
Gold Member

Hall Table

Post by fixit »

Scott,

That's a beautiful piece of work. Your skill and artistry both show off well in this project.

I love that style of furniture but know what you mean about how difficult it is to do glue-ups.

Great work! Congratulations.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

Thanks for the comments. Now lets see some more work:)