Mozilla Firefox 4

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

joedw00
Platinum Member

Mozilla Firefox 4

Post by joedw00 »

Has any one using Firefox updated to the new Firefox 4? I did Friday, and so far not liking it. I guess you just have to get used to it. I think I may go back to previous version.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
pennview
Platinum Member

Post by pennview »

I've downloaded Firefox 4 and have used it a couple of times, but I think it's a matter of just getting used to the new layout. I find that Google Chrome is faster at loading pages so I've been using that lately. It also has a streamlined look to it.
Art in Western Pennsylvania
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

3 days into using it! Gotta go to history tab to 'jump' back. Took a day to 'find' it. Visually different, seems faster.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Chrome here. It is faster and easier for me. I had to get a netbook with wireless internet so I could watch video. I am so happy now. I can what the sawdust sessions from home or the shop now. I also use Jolicloud as the operating system. It is using html5 also.
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
ss50th
Gold Member

Post by ss50th »

JPG40504 wrote:3 days into using it! Gotta go to history tab to 'jump' back. Took a day to 'find' it. Visually different, seems faster.
I have an Apple so there may be some differences so what I offer at least worked on mine. I took the history icon in the customize tool bar section and dragged it up into the navigation tool bar. It makes it a little closer to get to.
Mixed feelings is watching your mother in law driving off a cliff in your new Rolls Royce. :) :(

Richard
ss50th
Gold Member

Post by ss50th »

joedw00 wrote:Has any one using Firefox updated to the new Firefox 4? I did Friday, and so far not liking it. I guess you just have to get used to it. I think I may go back to previous version.
I know how you feel about the effort needed during a change over. I felt the same way. But, I found a new feature available on the new version which I have found invaluable. It has allowed me to synch some changes and additions between my desktop and laptop. Evidently it can be used with some other types of media like smart phones.
Mixed feelings is watching your mother in law driving off a cliff in your new Rolls Royce. :) :(

Richard
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

JPG40504 wrote:3 days into using it! Gotta go to history tab to 'jump' back. Took a day to 'find' it. Visually different, seems faster.

Why knot use the back one page arrow in the navigation bar?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I've worked in the computer industry since startup. I learned a long time ago that new software means new bugs. I'll give Firefox 4 a year or so while you beta testers and guinea pigs find the problems. I expect my computers to work 24/7 with no bugs, and I can't get that from new software.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

beeg wrote:Why knot use the back one page arrow in the navigation bar?

Back is fine(as far as it goes). Forward the same.

Now how about going 'back' 5 pages? Or back 7 then 'back' to the third one back.

Or finding out where to go?

I do not like click,click,click.click.... Actually I am not too fond of most 'clicking'(I go back too far to appreciate mice). Great when they provide a clear advantage over 'historical' methods, but they are often a force fit!

I have no idea how long it would take me to 'accept' an iPad!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ss50th wrote:I have an Apple so there may be some differences so what I offer at least worked on mine. I took the history icon in the customize tool bar section and dragged it up into the navigation tool bar. It makes it a little closer to get to.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take that back. The function is different. THAT is a web site history.???

You can have the thank you back! I figgered how to 'get what I need!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝