Tennessee Shopsmith Users

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rkh2
Platinum Member

Tennessee Shopsmith Users

Post by rkh2 »

This thread is being developed so that Shopsmith owners/users around the state of Tennessee can let one another know where we are.

Please, if you live anywhere in Volunteer State, post a reply to let us know your general location.

I would advise against specific addresses and/or telephone numbers. If you do not have your personal profile set to accept email, please consider doing that.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

I live in Lewisburg, which is about 60 miles south of Nashville just off I-65. I have a 520 and have been an owner for about 17 years or so. My shop is in a 12 x 28 outbuilding next to my house but a portion of it is also used for storage and I am trying to sort and make more room for myself. Once I get things better organized I will post some pictures. I have many of the SPT's, the DC 3300 and use a DeWalt 735 Bench top Planer and also have a DeWalt Double Compound Miter Saw as well as a compliment of both corded, battery and hand tools. I probably do a bit more turning on the Shopsmith than other uses, however do other types of woodworking as well. I gathered much experience and knowledge when Shopsmith had the TA's and I attended them as often as they were in the Nashville area. Also took many turning classes at the Woodcraft store in Franklin which was very helpful in getting me into turning. I retired from GM after some 35 years and worked there as a maintenance electrician. I have a co-worker at my part-time job at Home Depot who also is a Shopsmith owner. I know there are a few folks on this forum that post who live in TN, so come on folks, lets share a little about yourselves and any suggestions, etc. will be good to hear.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
scollins
Gold Member

Post by scollins »

Stumbled on your Windsor chair pic and thought the background looked familiar. I'm by Henry Horton.

Sheila from Franklin Woodcraft.
tnvol
Gold Member

Post by tnvol »

Tom in Kodak, by Sevierville. I've had my 510 and assorted SPT's about a year now. Wanted one for awhile and was finally able to get one in pretty fair shape for a good price. I've built a few things with it, working on a blanket chest right now. In a half garage but crowded with other stuff so the sawdust gets made in the driveway :-) Going to be salvaging a small house that will otherwise be torn down and that will become my new shop. Hopefully that will be up by spring. Anyone else over in East TN?
Tom
Kodak TN

Shopsmith Mark V 510 ('91) - purchased 1/13
Bandsaw
Jointer
Scroll Saw
Strip Sander
Dust Collector