Forum sections - suggestion

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

gk777
Gold Member

suggestion

Post by gk777 »

I think you should open aonther section for sawdust. That way questions and comments about the sawdust session can all be placed here. Easy to find and maybe reduce repeat questions.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

gk777 wrote:I think you should open aonther section for sawdust. That way questions and comments about the sawdust session can all be placed here. Easy to find and maybe reduce repeat questions.
I agree. While I haven't been a dedicated viewer (yet). It would be nice to help collect all discussion in one area.
donald1
Gold Member

Post by donald1 »

I'll close by simply asking two questions:
  1. What is the purpose of the SS Forum?
  2. If the users can't easily find the information they need or are looking for, then what good is the forum?
yeah i m with u ...
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

drmcroberts wrote:.........

I'll close by simply asking two questions:
  1. What is the purpose of the SS Forum?
  2. If the users can't easily find the information they need or are looking for, then what good is the forum?
1. To help people find 'things' and do 'things'.
2. See #1
Mike
Sunny San Diego
camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

Would it be possible to add a button at the end of a page of posts that would bring us back to the top of the page. I have seen this on another forum and thought that would be useful here instead of wheeling us up with the mouse.
Or else it could be "New Posts" at the bottom of the pages.
Just asking.
Thanks for the great forum.
Camerio
MarkV 520 & Band saw
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

camerio wrote:Would it be possible to add a button at the end of a page of posts that would bring us back to the top of the page. I have seen this on another forum and thought that would be useful here instead of wheeling us up with the mouse.
Just asking.
Does the "previous thread" "next thread" after the last post help ya?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

beeg wrote:Does the "previous thread" "next thread" after the last post help ya?
Question is, What is 'previous' and what is 'next'?

It Ain't moving up/down the new post list!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bffulgham
Gold Member

A work-around

Post by bffulgham »

camerio wrote:Would it be possible to add a button at the end of a page of posts that would bring us back to the top of the page. I have seen this on another forum and thought that would be useful here instead of wheeling us up with the mouse.
Just asking.

Holding down 'Ctrl' and pressing the 'Home' key takes you back to the top of the current page on most (all?) browsers.
Bud F.
1998 Mark V 510 bought used 2006, Jointer, 2 Bandsaws, ca 1960 Yuba SawSmith RAS
Projects and "stuff": http://www.bfulgham.com/JAlbum/Woodworking_Index/
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Hi,

Don't know if this might work for you or not but on firefox hitting the [Home] key takes you to the top of the page. If you have a mouse that can be programed then you might well have a solution with that.

Ed

Just asking.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote:Hi,

Don't know if this might work for you or not but on firefox hitting the [Home] key takes you to the top of the page. If you have a mouse that can be programed then you might well have a solution with that.

Ed

Annnd [End] takes you to the bottom. (of the current 'page')
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange