Lee Valley Veritas Manufacturing 2nds sale Oct 27

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bainin
Platinum Member

Lee Valley Veritas Manufacturing 2nds sale Oct 27

Post by bainin »

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Lee Valley Veritas Manufacturing 2nds sale Oct 27

Post by RFGuy »

Thanks for the reminder. I love Veritas tools. I tried to get a couple of things last year during their 2nd's sale, but had no luck. I remember their website being super slow and by the time I could get the cart to work the items were gone. Will try again this time. Wishing luck to anyone else who tries the sale this year.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I was checking out their selection of leather working tools , they seem to be a bit costly compared to most for the same brand of product but thanks for the link .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Hobbyman2 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am I was checking out their selection of leather working tools , they seem to be a bit costly compared to most for the same brand of product but thanks for the link .
Yeah, Lee Valley carries a range of products, many from other brands than their own. It is a family-owned Canadian company, so I don't know if some of the price premiums are due to exchange rates and such, or if they are just higher to begin with. I wouldn't necessarily buy from them if I could get the product/brand from another company to begin with. In terms of woodworking, their Veritas hand tools are well respected. I only own a few, but they work exceptionally well. Their new PM-V11 tool steel has received quite a bit of praise thus far:

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/discove ... -v11-story

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2012/10 ... eel-review
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
mccloud54
Bronze Member

Post by mccloud54 »

I have a Magna 9" table saw, miter, fence, blade, with wheels on the rear legs in great shape that I would like to give away. I live in Chico, CA. Any takers?meanderingjoe@gmail.com
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

If it wasn't for the 3000 miles between us I'd be there already. Someone in Rancho Santa Margarita is giving away a Model 500 with a bandsaw today. Must be something in the air on the west coast.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER