Rockler Drill Guide

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

roy_okc
Platinum Member

Re: Rockler Drill Guide

Post by roy_okc »

I ordered the Rockler guide and vise several days ago, with Rockler stating that the guide is oversold until early November. I received the vise this past weekend, so at least those are currently in stock. Hopefully Rockler has solid dates on new inventory arriving and I have the guide in early or mid November.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

I received the Rockler drill guide yesterday after receiving the vise earlier in the week; I ordered on 13 Oct. Looking forward to setting it up and doing some tests with it.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Laser engraver
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

I see that Rockler now has an edge guide add-on for their drill guide, $36. It's nice to see that they are responding to features on the Woodpeckers guide, but not copying directly.

They're showing oversold at the moment with an ETA of 28 Feb 22. Link for anyone interested: https://www.rockler.com/edge-guide-for- ... uide?qty=1

I don't see one on the Axminster site, so don't know if this is a Rockler only thing or if they've launched the page before having in stock or what.
Roy

Laser engraver
fridayrack
Bronze Member

Post by fridayrack »

thanks for sharing the information.
bainin
Platinum Member

Post by bainin »

The rockler edge guide-it kind of looks like plastic?

Does anyone know? The Drill guide itself is a nicely finished metals..would be a shame to couple that to a plastic edge guide.

b
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

bainin wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 pm The rockler edge guide-it kind of looks like plastic?

Does anyone know? The Drill guide itself is a nicely finished metals..would be a shame to couple that to a plastic edge guide.

b
The guide pieces are plastic, aluminum rods.
From the Rockler web page, underline added:

Features:
  • Designed specifically for the Rockler Portable Drill Guide (#52885, sold separately)
  • Makes it easy to drill repeated holes the same distance from the edge of your work
  • Made from durable plastic with structural ribbing for strength
  • Rubber pads on underside of base and edge of guide protect workpiece and provide a non-slip grip
  • Brass thumbscrews make it easy to lock in desired drilling distance
  • Included 1/4'' x 12'' aluminum guide bars allow drilling 1-3/4'' to 8'' from edge
  • If more distance is needed from the edge, use wooden dowels or commonly available 1/4'' metal rods in whatever length you need
  • If less distance is needed from the edge, pre-drilled holes in the guide let you mount a spacer strip for closer spacing
Roy

Laser engraver