Need help pricing my ShopSmith to sell.

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

twig/al
Gold Member

Need help pricing my ShopSmith to sell.

Post by twig/al »

Would someone email me that would be able to help me price and give advise on selling my ShopSmith? Thanks, the forum has really changed since the last time I visited...
Having too much fun in Alabama!!!
510 owner/user since 1996.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

twig/al wrote:...........the forum has really changed since the last time I visited...
Membership has about doubled since I joined 14 months ago.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
dusty
Platinum Member

Need help pricing my Shopsmith to sell

Post by dusty »

Since there are restrictions on this forum regarding commercialized entries, I'll not comment on what I think a fair price is for a Shopsmith.

Yes, the forum has gained popularity over the past few months.

In early November, the stats were as follows:

Threads.......865
Posts..........7186
Members......2703

Just now they are:

Threads.......1318
Posts.........12,073........avg 99 per day
Members......3064..........up 361 (about 3 per day)

And about half of them, like this one, are "off topic"!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
drewa
Gold Member

Post by drewa »

Keep it! or give it to me...
"When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way - before one began."

[INDENT][/INDENT]Friedrich Nietzsche
twig/al
Gold Member

Post by twig/al »

I also like the New Forum... I was not trying to violate any forum rules, but was simply asking for some guideance... IF my post is in violation, would someone please delete it as that was not my intention... But after two heart surgeries, it is hard to look at all that equipment and not be able to use it!
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Try listing it on ssug.org. They have a classified section. You'll have to enroll as a member but that process works the same as it did on this forum.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

twig/al wrote:I also like the New Forum... I was not trying to violate any forum rules, but was simply asking for some guideance... IF my post is in violation, would someone please delete it as that was not my intention... But after two heart surgeries, it is hard to look at all that equipment and not be able to use it!
I think that is a fair request, however not living in your exact area it is hard to put a price on something that may or not be in a big demand.

If it were me I would put a price on it that I felt was fair. I think you also have to decide whether you want it to sale right away or not. If your willing to wait put a higher price if your want your money back now put a lower price on it.

Put an ad in the Paper, Craigslist, or possibly a week want ad flyer, list a price you would like but let them know you will consider an offer. Then wait.

I found a craigslist for Birminghan Ala which I assume is close to you since the list articles in Gadsden. http://bham.craigslist.org/ Put your ad under tools and see what is going to happen. You might want to watch the list for a few days to see if a Shopsmith shows up and for how much. Then you will have a good idea what used Shopsmiths sale for in your area.
Ed
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Since Doug and I are the rulekeepers here, I have to say this is a violation of the rules. Members with less integrity could use this as a clever way to announce to the general membership that they have a Shopsmith for sale, then hope that an interested party makes an offer. Shopsmith, Inc., which hosts this site, is not in the business of selling used tools or helping other to do so. I'll remove this thread in an hour or two to give you a chance to harvest Ed's post, which contains some excellent suggestions.

With all good wishes,
twig/al
Gold Member

Post by twig/al »

Nick, Go ahead and delete it... As I said I was not trying to violate the rules...

Thanks!!! I would delete it myself, but I can't figure out how to do it...

twig/al