New Power Pro coming!

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

New Power Pro coming!

Post by ChrisNeilan »

I ordered a new Mark 7 at the New England Woodworkers Show in mid January and was told to expect the machine if four to six weeks. No problem, good things come to those who wait, right? Well, two weeks or so later I get a call from Shopsmith customer service that it has been shipped! Should be here Wednesday (with a "free" dust collector!)...
I'm a happy boy!
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

ChrisNeilan wrote:I ordered a new Mark 7 at the New England Woodworkers Show in mid January and was told to expect the machine if four to six weeks. No problem, good things come to those who wait, right? Well, two weeks or so later I get a call from Shopsmith customer service that it has been shipped! Should be here Wednesday (with a "free" dust collector!)...
I'm a happy boy!
All I can say is "congratulations". I know you will be pleased.

Read all the instructions and then "Make Sawdust Safely". Enjoy.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Whoooooppppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jtevans
Gold Member

Power Pro...

Post by jtevans »

I went to a demonstration at a Lowe's outlet this week, just to see the new Power Pro in action. I was very impressed with it's performance and the range of motion that it is capable of.

I also, was not aware, that the Mark 7 had "new" head-pieces for the bases that allowed you to use the machine in two-directions, eliminating the toggling end lock with two screw points, and axles to pivot onto each end...that upgrade would cost me $400.00...the rebuild unit for the Power Pro would have cost me $1400.00, that day...$1800.00 afterwards, plus shipping of $125.00..

All-in-all, I liked the Power Pro add-on, and the Mark 7 upgrades...now if I can just get up the nerve to knock over a bank somewhere, I'll be set !!!!

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW SET-UP...
reddog5362
Gold Member

Post by reddog5362 »

I'd be happy to offer my "quality control" services. Do you need my ship to address? ;)

Congrats, I'm envious.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jtevans wrote:I went to a demonstration at a Lowe's outlet this week, just to see the new Power Pro in action. I was very impressed with it's performance and the range of motion that it is capable of.

I also, was not aware, that the Mark 7 had "new" head-pieces for the bases that allowed you to use the machine in two-directions, eliminating the toggling end lock with two screw points, and axles to pivot onto each end...that upgrade would cost me $400.00...the rebuild unit for the Power Pro would have cost me $1400.00, that day...$1800.00 afterwards, plus shipping of $125.00..

All-in-all, I liked the Power Pro add-on, and the Mark 7 upgrades...now if I can just get up the nerve to knock over a bank somewhere, I'll be set !!!!

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW SET-UP...
So just what did you think made the "7" differ from a 520 with a PP?;)

They paid homage to the VII!

5/V, VII/7, gotta be cornfuzing to nubees!:eek: Even SS Inc. gets them confused(and Magna Engineering for that matter).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Fred Grover
Gold Member

Post by Fred Grover »

I wish I could find somewhere in Iowa where they were doing a Live Demonstration of the Shopsmith or SS Equipment Add-Ons. I would love to go to one. The PowerPro Head is a future upgrade for me. How far in the future depends on the finances lol.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Wow a nice new tool to play with!

Congratulations!

As an owner of one of these I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

Ed
ChrisNeilan wrote:I ordered a new Mark 7 at the New England Woodworkers Show in mid January and was told to expect the machine if four to six weeks. No problem, good things come to those who wait, right? Well, two weeks or so later I get a call from Shopsmith customer service that it has been shipped! Should be here Wednesday (with a "free" dust collector!)...
I'm a happy boy!
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

Excellent choice for a new toy! Congratulations!
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Shopsmith sales guys do a pretty good job of selling these machines, if you go to a demo it might be a little to much for you and out will come that credit card............. I might add that the machine itself does a good job of selling itself.

You do know where to check for the demo information, right? Well in case not it is here
http://www.shopsmith.com/markvsite/event_schedule.htm

Ed

Fred Grover wrote:I wish I could find somewhere in Iowa where they were doing a Live Demonstration of the Shopsmith or SS Equipment Add-Ons. I would love to go to one. The PowerPro Head is a future upgrade for me. How far in the future depends on the finances lol.