Power Workshop

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wrdavis
Gold Member

Power Workshop

Post by wrdavis »

Got an email this morning about this. Watched the video. Pretty neat battery powered tools that become drill press, table saw, & jig saw. Anyone here have one or knowledge of one?

$675 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER8-Workshop ... 3aaeee9646

Here's the video showing what all it does.

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenicom/ ... 8/?fref=nf

Seems a battery charger & spare battery would be good to have included.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Power Workshop

Post by ERLover »

Back about 15 years ago I had a Ryobi set up, 18 volt but not the high tech batteries, reciprocating saw, drill, 4.5 or 5" circle saw, compound miter saw, roto zip, handy with the roto zip, circle and miter saw IF the blades were sharp, drill worked like any cordless. Reciprocating saw was junk. Had its limitations. I would not base my shop around it. Used it on the job, the circle saw being small was handy in tight areas. It came with 2 or 3 batteries. With that said it was Ryobi junk to begin with, I am sure these new batteries and a higher quality manufacture would be more suitable.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
ianw
Silver Member

Re: Power Workshop

Post by ianw »

With almost $700, you can get the brand new Festool track saw. I would go with that.
SS520(upgraded from 1986 SS510), Band Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, Biscuit Joiner, Speed Reducer, Scroll Saw on Power Station

SS500 with 610 Jig Saw (awaiting restoration)