Planer Cutterhead Specs

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

procrastinator
Gold Member

Planer Cutterhead Specs

Post by procrastinator »

Hoping there is someone out there who might know if the specs on the SS Thickness Planer have remained the same during their 30 yr plus history. This would be helpful when contemplating a SHELIX conversion. As usual emailing Shopsmith produces no response!
RetiredNavyChief
Gold Member

Re: Planer Cutterhead Specs

Post by RetiredNavyChief »

I had the same concern. I sent an inquiry to SHELIXHEADS.com before ordering and they sent me a spec sheet with three different versions. I had a friend use a machinist caliper to measure my head and it matched part number 555082 on the spec sheet.
PowerPro, 500 Shopsmith,Jointer, Bandsaw, Belt Sander, JointMatic, 16/32 Performax Drum Sander, Strip Sander, Shopsmith Planer with Shelix Cutterhead, Shopsmith Pin Router, King 16 inch Scroll Saw
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Might thee consider sharing that spec sheet with this forum :) ?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
procrastinator
Gold Member

Post by procrastinator »

I contacted Shelixheads requesting the three available spec sheets. I received them within minutes of clicking the send button! Outstanding customer service. Upon reviewing them I realized I am a woodworker and not a machinist, and not capable of making the exact measurements needed. I will be sending them my cutter head for a guaranteed perfect fit, as they mentioned many choose to do.