Shopsmith images

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

gloomis
Gold Member

Re: Shopsmith images

Post by gloomis »

Just thought I would throw my two cents in here. If you really enjoy using CAD software then by all means have at it, but I have found it to be a tad overkill for workshop stuff.

I just reorganized my shop (for the millionth time it feels like) and I've had solid success using excel to plan the layout. If you set all of the column and cell widths to be about the same you can use simple rectangles for pretty much everything in your shop, and for me it takes a lot less time to setup and change when I get new equipment. I tried CAD software awhile back, but I found that it takes enough time that I start to think "I could be in my shop building something right now...". Good luck with the shop organization!
"Like a bull chasing the matador is the man left to his own schemes
Everybody needs someone beside em' shining like a lighthouse from the sea" - Brother, NEEDTOBREATHE
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

gloomis
Gold Member

Post by gloomis »

Dang. Then again, overkill is underrated :)
"Like a bull chasing the matador is the man left to his own schemes
Everybody needs someone beside em' shining like a lighthouse from the sea" - Brother, NEEDTOBREATHE