Double Tilt Base for Shopsmith

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Double Tilt Base for Shopsmith

Post by JPG »

:rolleyes: Well we shall see ! ! !
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:53 pm :rolleyes: Well we shall see ! ! !
:D :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
arnold87
Bronze Member

Post by arnold87 »

nice blog, it is very good information about Shopsmith. I just bought a Mark V / 500 and am still in the “clean up your shop” before tuning and getting to know the machine. When you do the modified tilt is there any issue getting the router bits/table/fence to square? Maybe it is my old eyes and a phone screen, but it looked like the motor was sort of canted.
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

arnold87 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:01 am nice blog, it is very good information about Shopsmith. I just bought a Mark V / 500 and am still in the “clean up your shop” before tuning and getting to know the machine. When you do the modified tilt is there any issue getting the router bits/table/fence to square? Maybe it is my old eyes and a phone screen, but it looked like the motor was sort of canted.
No issues on the versions I've tried. It's easy to do a quick check that tilt is square, and tilt the table if needed. The fence face should be 'vertical' relative to the table by design, and does not need to be perfectly in line with miter slots for normal router/shaper operations. I've used a pre-500 carriage, table, fence etc. mounted reversed on the way tubes because I didn't have the 520 version router/shaper fence at the time, and it seemed fine. My table was purposely tilted, but looked square when I mounted it.

- David