Veritas Bench Blade and T-slot Stop

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Veritas Bench Blade and T-slot Stop

Post by reible »

These come in different flavors, the one you will be seeing is the one for t-track. The special feature for me is that fact they are very low profile and as such provide some differential from other clamps I have. I've included links to both parts and will provide some pictures of my own but rather then repeat the verbiage of the web page I will let you read that on your own if you are interested.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/to ... ench-blade

and

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/ha ... em=13K1018

The stop was back ordered since June and one arrived today. Others are back ordered and current projection is for 3/1/21. I do hope I see them before that....

So on to the pictures:
vc1.jpg
vc1.jpg (106.38 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
In order to be so low profile you need an Allen wrench to secure the parts in place. Rather not have to have a easy to loose wrench but I will have to deal with that, perhaps a special box to hold the items with the wrench.
vc2.jpg
vc2.jpg (117.8 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
There are two flats so they lock at those locations, this being the first.
vc3.jpg
vc3.jpg (118.43 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
This is the second lock position.
vc4.jpg
vc4.jpg (69.7 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
vc5.jpg
vc5.jpg (70.14 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
These last two to let you see just how low they are. The wood is a plus size 1/4" thick.

Today was the first time I got to use the official stop. I was a bit surprised that it is as heavy as it is, I guess brass will do that for you. You can of course make your own version of this, which is what I had to use for the last couple of months waiting for the real parts to arrive.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Re: Veritas Bench Blade and T-slot Stop

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Looks like a winner. I can't tell you how many times I struggled over stops that were just a tiny bit too high.
BigSky
Gold Member

Post by BigSky »

Will it work in a Shopsmith miter track?
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

This hardware is for 1/4" and 5/16" tracks so no it will not work with the larger shopsmith t-track.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]