TriBurst Multi-Directional LED Light

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

TriBurst Multi-Directional LED Light

Post by reible »

This is a picture of the box:
tb1.jpg
tb1.jpg (275.59 KiB) Viewed 590 times
When you unbox it you get to see just what you bought:
tb2.jpg
tb2.jpg (215.25 KiB) Viewed 590 times
tb3.jpg
tb3.jpg (175.33 KiB) Viewed 590 times
So not something that I would normally have thought to buy but it was about $20 and the center light in my garage doesn't provide much light with all the stuff I have in there casting a lot of shadows. I do have a lot of light but then that is turning on a lot of bulbs when I don't always need or want all that brightness.

So did it help?

This first picture is with the old bulb:
light_old.jpg
light_old.jpg (71.45 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Then with this new device:
light_new.jpg
light_new.jpg (118.86 KiB) Viewed 590 times
I had the camera set on manual so both photos are as close to being the same as I could get. The tilt is set so it spreads the light some which is pretty much what I was hoping for. I can tilt it flat and have more concentrated light at that spot if I need it sometimes.

So not your dads 60W bulb. This is going to work fine, doing what I hoped it would.

I got mine at Menard's but I'm sure they sell them other places as well and maybe even at a better price.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
bainin
Platinum Member

Re: TriBurst Multi-Directional LED Light

Post by bainin »

4000L is alot for the space.

One thing you need to be careful of with the LED bulbs is flicker. On some cheaper versions where the driver isn't great-you will get the wagon wheel effect on movement.

The other - with 3 sources like that- you might end up with multiple shadows on objects- not a deal breaker- but for the persnickety it may be
annoying.

b