Shopsmith maxi-clamp system

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith maxi-clamp system

Post by JPG »

Sorta like the SS itself.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith maxi-clamp system

Post by edma194 »

edma194 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 am I've seen a couple of them on Craig's List. There's one there now for $45, and it's located near a friend of mine who could go pick it up if I wanted it. It's listed as a Shopmat Maxi-Clamp but you can see in the pictures is appears to be the same thing don't really know what it is but seen the same remarks over and again, looks cool, difficult to set up, doesn't get used. But I'm sucker for cool looking stuff (the erector set mentality), so I may see if I can get this set.
Reminding myself to get back to this thread some day. Had my friend pick up the Maxi-Clamp set down in NY, one of has to visit the other or maybe we'll meet in the middle someday.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER