Talk me into or out of buying this Mark VII

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Talk me into or out of buying this Mark VII

Post by edma194 »

I sent email inquiries twice to the ad and never received a response. The ad has now expired, so it may be sold, maybe even sold before my first email. When things are sold it would be nice of people to take their ads down or mark them. Sometimes they do respond to emails if it's been sold.

So I have to keep my eye out and act quickly the next time. I suppose it's a good idea not to be an impetuous shopper, but I may have missed a really good one. I want a Mark VII that starts out in good condition because I have a backlog of stuff to refurb and anything in bad shape will sit forever.

Thanks all for the feedback, I think if I discussed things like this with people more often I wouldn't get lost in my own head so easily trying to work out what to do.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Talk me into or out of buying this Mark VII

Post by chapmanruss »

Ed,

Sorry you did not get a response to your inquires. Not even a simple it is already sold. I understand completely when you said
I suppose it's a good idea not to be an impetuous shopper, but I may have missed a really good one.
I feel the same way. I hesitated to long a couple years ago on buying a Mark 7, new still in the crate, for $1200. By the time I decided to go for it and called a buyer was already on his way to pick it up. In that case we are talking an hour of hesitation.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.