Tablesaw Power feed

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Tablesaw Power feed

Post by reible »

FYI I'm not seeing a flag on that site.........

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

reible wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am FYI I'm not seeing a flag on that site.........

Ed
What anti-malware SW are you running?
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

CyberSec
McAfee
IOBit Malware

What are you using?
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

MalwareBytes caught it. I have been using it for malware protection for years and trust it.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Are you running an ad blocker? My ad blocker picked up two ad's but then they are blocked so if the issue is with the ad's my software will not see them thus not detect them because of how all this works together.........

Ed
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

I only run Adblock for YouTube on my system, no other adblockers. You can see the malware warning below that I get for that site:
OliverMalware.jpg
OliverMalware.jpg (31.13 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
📶RF Guy

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 pm I only run Adblock for YouTube on my system, no other adblockers. You can see the malware warning below that I get for that site:
OliverMalware.jpg
FWIW, I get the same thing here with Malwarebytes. I have been using the paid version for years on 4 computers and my phones. I also trust it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

jsburger wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:20 pm
RFGuy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 pm I only run Adblock for YouTube on my system, no other adblockers. You can see the malware warning below that I get for that site:
OliverMalware.jpg
FWIW, I get the same thing here with Malwarebytes. I have been using the paid version for years on 4 computers and my phones. I also trust it.
Thanks John. Since you see it as well, should I report the post for the link? I didn't want to report it initially because I didn't want the entire post removed, just the link. My only concern was another forum user going to that weblink and having computer problems because of it so I wanted to warn other members.

P.S. I don't see malware warnings often from MalwareBytes so when I do see it, I tend to take them seriously. Often it is from an older website, e.g. for a small manufacturing company, etc. that isn't on top of the latest server security for their website and/or don't have the latest security certificates.
📶RF Guy

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:26 pm
jsburger wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:20 pm
OliverMalware.jpg
Thanks John. Since you see it as well, should I report the post for the link? I didn't want to report it initially because I didn't want the entire post removed, just the link. My only concern was another forum user going to that weblink and having computer problems because of it so I wanted to warn other members.

P.S. I don't see malware warnings often from MalwareBytes so when I do see it, I tend to take them seriously. Often it is from an older website, e.g. for a small manufacturing company, etc. that isn't on top of the latest server security for their website and/or don't have the latest security certificates.
That is up to you. You informed the OP and the Moderators should see these posts so...
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Hi Al,

Thanks for joining up. I am getting interested in the bandsaw power feeder. I can see it being a big help in re-sawing, and like your approach to the design, especially the power source.

You have a pretty big bandsaw with a huge table in your re-saw video. The Shopsmith bandsaw is an 11" model, and even my larger 14" bandsaw doesn't have a huge table. It looks like the feeder holder is the big part there, and the feeder itself not too huge. Have you installed any of these on smaller bandsaws?
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER